Author Topic: Trouble with MB UPnP and Sonos  (Read 2080 times)

leola74

I installed the MB UPnP plugin so that I can stream directly from MB to my Sonos.
I've selected the Sonos as the Player in Preferences, but when I select a track in MB to send to the Sonos, the following happens.
In the Sonos App (which I have open on the same computer on which I'm running MB), I see the track and CD cover which I selected in MB.  But after a few seconds, in the Sonos App I get the error message:

"Unable to play [track name] -- unable to connect to 192.168.178.45:49382"

I've tried changing the port number in the UPnP config, but that didn't help.  When I select any track from directly within the Sonos App it works fine, but "sending" it from MB does not.

If I select my desktop speakers as output in MB it works fine, but streaming to Sonos does not.

Not sure it matters, but the music library is located on my NAS - both Sonos and MB access it from there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

frankz

The UPnP/ DLNA plugin is abandoned.  If it works for a situation it works, if it doesn't work for other situations it doesn't, and no further development or troubleshooting will be done on it by its original author.

The source code is linked in the plugin thread. If you're a developer - or you know a developer - who is willing to take on the project, it's apparently still an open offer to allow for this to be done.
Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:59:36 PM by frankz