Author Topic: Can't Change Title Tag  (Read 1755 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I have an album that's encoded in flac and I have used MB (3.1.6459) to convert to MP3. Upon the conversion, all spaces are removed from the track title. "A Matter of Trust" becomes "AMatterofTrust" and that's not good. When I use the Tag Editor to add spaces to the title, it won't save the change. The tracks are not read-only. I used the Tag Inspector to remove the title tag and manually added it via the Tag Editor and it still appears without spaces.

The file names are correct with spaces, so I used "Infer and update tags from filename." The preview shows the title with spaces, but when I "Apply Changes" the result is still without spaces.

I'm able to save other tags - Artist, Album Title, Track/Disk number, etc. It appears to only be track title that's causing the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Sometimes people report really bizzare problems! Can you PM me a link to a zip of the MP3 file and i will have a look

Steven

• Administrator
i really doubt its musicbee itself doing the space stripping. Are you sure its not something with your Advanced Tag Tools plugin settings?

phred

• Global Moderator
This is one of those truly bizarre ones, isn't it?

For the record, using Mp3Tag successfully changes the title tag. Even  with MB open, I changed the tag in Mp3Tag, and MB updated without me having to do a file rescan.

PM sent.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
i really doubt its musicbee itself doing the space stripping. Are you sure its not something with your Advanced Tag Tools plugin settings?
I'm pretty certain it's MB's doing. I only have one Advanced Tag Tools preset enabled and that's to remove leading zeros from track #.

The issue really 'feels' like the files are read-only. Except they're not. And other tags save correctly.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
Its all working fine for me ie. i can add spaces to the title in the tag editor, and it saves and updates fine.
There really isnt any code i can think of that would do such a thing so I dont think i can help further with this

phred

• Global Moderator
Okay, thanks for looking. I can get around this one via a different tag editor.

I will rip another CD to flac and then use MB to convert and see what happens to the titles. If it's the same thing, I'll report back. If it works as it should (and always has up until this album) I'll consider it a fluke.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki