Author Topic: Can't Update Album Title  (Read 1131 times)

buirechain

Hi,

I am trying but failing to update the album title for a couple of tracks. I edit, type a new album title, click save, and it doesn't change. I go back into edit, and that original album title is present. The funny thing is that the actual tags (I checked both via musicbee and by accessing properties on the file through music explorer) have the album title I'm trying to change to. (I'm also trying to update the track number - same issue).

I deleted the files and reloaded. I closed musicbee and restarted it. Still no go.

What else do I need to do?

A few details. I'm running musicbee 3.0.6335 on Windows 10. The files were purchased from Amazon. They are three recently released tracks by Billy Bragg recently released as singles with the same song and album title, but I want to group them together as a single album for playback purposes. Let me know if any other details would help.

(I searched and couldn't easily find anything related to this, but if it exists elsewhere, feel free to point me in the right direction).

Thanks.

phred

• Global Moderator
First thing to do is update to v3.1 - see my sig.
If the problem still exists make sure the file(s) in question are not read-only.

Please report back.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

buirechain

That did work. I had to reinput the album title change after updating (so it didn't immediately reflect the tag), but the changes took this time.

Thanks.