Author Topic: Album Types (LP's ; EP's ; Singles ; Compilations, etc.)  (Read 8606 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.3.7322 P
So in Ellingtonia (a duke ellington discography) each recording has an index number which has the date formatted the same way as release sort index.

Then it has 2 final digits denoting the track order of that recording date/session. ie YYYYMMDDRO (RO=Recording Order ie. 01,02,03...)

If I use the same method will it order correctly?

You might have to split off those last 2 numbers into a virtual tag (as psychoadept has said) and then add them into your custom sorting set

Also, if we make groupings such as

1. Boxset
2. LP
3. Live
etc

If they're not quite alphabetical as with LP then Live is there a way to hide the ordering number in album covers view?

My grouping is non-alphabetical also:

G1; Album
G2; Live
G3; EP
G4; Single
etc

So I use a virtual tag (Release Group) to strip off the number:

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Corliss Rain

Hi Bee-liever! I understand most of your virtual tag until it gets to the $IsNull command. Can you explain exactly what the Split commands do?

My grouping is non-alphabetical also:

G1; Album
G2; Live
G3; EP
G4; Single
etc

So I use a virtual tag (Release Group) to strip off the number:

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.3.7322 P
Hi Bee-liever! I understand most of your virtual tag until it gets to the $IsNull command. Can you explain exactly what the Split commands do?

My G6 group is for Various Artists Compilations.  The Split command is to break that up into sub-groupings so I can get this:

I'll just assume you don't want to go that level!  :D
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Corliss Rain

My G6 group is for Various Artists Compilations.  The Split command is to break that up into sub-groupings so I can get this:

I'll just assume you don't want to go that level!  :D

Yes, yes I do. That's exactly my level of extreme!  ;D  :-*