Author Topic: How to use the sub-grouping header  (Read 128544 times)

hiccup

Interesting, but I can't choose "Release info" from "save to music file as tag" drop-down menu:
I'm sorry, that is just some other tag I am using that happens to be in the screenshot.
You can forget about that one.

Is 'Set subtitle' working well for you now?

LittleAfterAll

Oh, ok.

Yes, there are entries in Tags (2) now:

But I still see the release as "Nah und fern" and none of any of four discs has their own title/name.

hiccup

But I still see the release as "Nah und fern" and none of any of four discs has their own title/name.
You will now need to configure the view that you are using to show the 'Set subtitle' tag.
It looks like you are using the Music Explorer view?
I'm not very familiar with that one, so you may want to do some forum searches on that.
But considering the purpose of that view I could imagine Music Explorer perhaps not being able to display custom tags.
Not sure though.

edit:
Not sure how familiar you are with MusicBee already, but if you would use the Album View on your library, the setting for that panel could be accessed here:

Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 06:53:41 PM by hiccup

LittleAfterAll

I don't have album covers to choose and can't find Customise Panel... anywhere from drop down menus. Maybe it's better to not try anymore and save both yours and time of mine...

hiccup

Maybe it's better to not try anymore and save both yours and time of mine...
Don't worry about that.
From the looks of your screenshot you are using the Music Explorer node/view.
If you use the 'music' node to view your library, it has options to view your music as 'album covers', albums and tracks' or as 'tracks'.

This is not on-topic to this thread so we shouldn't continue here, but you should be able to figure it out by trying some stuff or searching the forum or wiki.
Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 09:25:40 PM by hiccup

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
JFTR
@LittleAfterAll
If you go to Album Panel Settings... from the Music Explorer view header bar
in fields displayed: change Album/YYYY to Album/SetSubtitle/YYYY
and that should work for you.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together