Author Topic: Bit confused on the way search works....  (Read 4155 times)

Sigma

This is potentially a "wishlist" topic, but maybe a bug report.

I use the Library Explorer to browse by genre, so let's say that I select "R&B" so that only R&B albums are shown. If I then do a search where "Local Node Only" is selected, it still searches my entire library.

Is that how it's supposed to work? I would expect that if I select the "R&B" node, that it would only search within my R&B albums as long as "Local Node Only" is selected.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're right, probably a wishlist request.  Local Node Only refers to Music vs Audiobook vs Inbox vs Playlists, but is not affected by Library Explorer or Track Browser settings.

However, you can search within Library Explorer just by clicking there and typing.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pingaware

Local node is affected by filters though. It's probably not particularly useful in your case, but it's good to know.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Sigma

However, you can search within Library Explorer just by clicking there and typing.

That doesn't really work how I'd expect either. For instance, let's say I click on the R&B node within Library Explorer, then I type to start searching. If I hit the letter "p" first, the Library Explorer node will switch to "Pop" as that's the first genre that begins with "p". It's not searching within R&B for things that begin with the letter "p".

Adson

I am aware that this thread is old but it seems that the behaviour of the search box has not changed since 2014.

I wonder how I can search for songs in one library explorer node only. As mentioned above the "Local Node" setting does not work this way. It searches in the whole library instead of the openend node in library explorer.

Is there a simple way to search the current library explorer node only?

Thanks in advance for your help.