Author Topic: Windows 10 - Copy/move iTunes Music folder contents into MusicBee  (Read 2887 times)

wberesford

Hi - I have just installed MusicBee on my Windows 10 PC. Previously, I had iTunes installed, but uninstalled this before I installed MusicBee.
I do still have my iTunes Music folder on my hard drive. However, I have encountered many issues importing the contents into MusicBee. In the end, I deleted the MusicBee library, so I can start over and correctly move or copy (not link to) my iTunes music into MusicBee.

Please can someone explain how, exactly I can move or copy all items inside my iTunes Music folder into my MusicBee library?

Also, I found that all my podcasts appeared in one general podcast folder in MusicBee, not the various albums I had them sorted into in iTunes. How can I re-create a folder structure for my podcasts? For information, I did not subscribe to any podcasts in iTunes. I simply downloaded the .mp3 files, imported them into iTunes and tagged them as podcasts, then moved them into folders to organise.

Many thanks in advance.

Steven

• Administrator
do you want musicbee to organise your files?
If you just want musicbee to be able to access your files from the library then you only need to add them using drag/drop or press the Insert key to open the file scanner. (Make sure you havent enabled auto-organise from the library preferences - its not enabled by default)

If you want musicbee to organise your files under the MusicBee directory then enable auto-organise in the library preferences.
If some files have been added as podcasts, open the Podcasts panel and drag them to the music library or right click/ send to/ music library

wberesford

Hi - thank you so much for the reply and information. I think, after having thought about it and reading your reply, I would prefer Musicbee to simply access my files. So, is it OK for all of my music to be contained within a folder called 'Music', inside my Windows 10 Music Library?

Then, how do I start the music scanner - and can I set it to scan only my Music folder? Where is the insert key you mention? And will the music scanner import new tracks automatically as I add them to my Music folder, or do I need to re-scan?

Finally, should my podcast .mp3 files reside as songs/music files, or in the Podcasts section of Musicbee? (These are files i have downloaded, I am not subscribed to any podcasts online).

Sorry for all the questions. I used iTunes for far too long!

Steven

• Administrator
i suggest you check out the wiki and if you still have questions some forum members might help

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ