Author Topic: Option to have main panel open at a random spot in the library  (Read 2387 times)

9cupsoftea

I usually just hit play on the first thing that catches my eye when I open musicbee, and more often than not it's stuff closer to the top of the player (sorted by artist pics). I have to consciously scroll down to mix it up.

I just wondered if it was possible to have the player open up at a random spot each time I open musicbee, so that it's a bit quicker and easier to find some variety.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Why don't you make an auto-playlist that sorts randomly, and use that to choose something to play?  If you tell it to select by album, it will shuffle albums rather than individual tracks.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

9cupsoftea

That's actually what I do, play entire albums shuffled. But I guess this would work for any sorting, Album, tracks, artists, etc (just for me, it's artists and their albums in the expanded view). I'd just like a little unpredictability when I open the player to help me pick stuff I might not usually see, particularly since I have a pretty big collection, and it takes a while to scroll through it all.