Author Topic: [SOLVED] VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing  (Read 2289 times)

audiovore

Hello, I'm a new user of this great software.

I have the latest 3.1 RC version and when I try to convert to mp3 one of my FLAC files I have this error message:
The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I tried to repair, uninstall/reinstall Visual C++ 2015 but to no avail, the error message is still here when I try to convert a file.
Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:07:57 PM by audiovore

Steven

• Administrator
can you try:
- right click/ send to/ rescan files with one of the flac files selected
- then editing and saving the tags for a flac file using the musicbee tag editor (take a copy of an existing flac file if you prefer)
and see if you get the same error in either case

audiovore

Hi Steven,

Tried both, didn't change a thing.

Between the time when I didn't have this error and when I noticed it, the only change that happened on my PC is the install of MusicBee 3.1 RC1 and some Windows 10 updates (KB4035631/KB4034658). I thought the latter caused the poblem but since the repair of VC++ does nothing, I have no clue.

EDIT: I tried to convert a FLAC and MP3 files to AAC and it worked. So the issue seems related to the MP3 encoding.
The parameter hasn't been changed --cbr -b 320 --noreplaygain - [outputfile]
Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:51:50 PM by audiovore

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Hi audiovore
I googled this and found some references that since creators update, some anti-virus software is recognizing VCRUNTIME140.dll as corrupt and deleteing/quarantining the file.
You may need to white list the .dll in your security software.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

audiovore

Hi Bee-liever,

Thanks for the tip but my anti-virus never prompted me something about this .dll file but just in case I checked its supposed location (C:\Windows\System32) and the file is there.
Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:02:01 PM by audiovore

Steven

• Administrator
I included a lame.exe in the RC package so its possible that has the dependency, although vcruntime140.dll should already be installed.
I suggest you replace lame.exe with one from rarewares.org
That will probably fix the issue, but tonight i will provide another lame.exe that i will appreciate if you could try out to confirm it fixes the issue.

audiovore

That was indeed the problem, I just figured before reading your message.

After Bee-liever's tip, I still looked it up and found out that the .dll file should also be in the SysWOW64 folder if you're running a 64-bit OS, which is my case. Since it wasn't there, I copied/pasted the file from the System32 folder.

When I tried to encode again the DLL error message didn't appear but another one did, telling me that lame.exe couldn't start properly.
In MusicBee properties, lame.exe is located within the software's Codec subfolder so I changed the location to the lame.exe I had installed myself a while ago and now the encoding works!

Thanks to both of you.

Steven

• Administrator
could you replace lame.exe in the musicbee codec folder with this file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9cd8v4zukiycsc4/lame.zip

and then reference it in the file converter preferences to see if it works without the dependency?

audiovore