Author Topic: Playlist order in syncing  (Read 1583 times)

late

I have a few playlist on my PC that I sync to my phone.  On MB I have set them to be sorted by Album, but on the .m3u file I have on my phone the files are only added to the end of the list.  Some earlier files are in order, but any that I have added lately will just get pasted at the bottom of the file.

Is there a setting I can use to fix this?

MB 3.1.6410

late

Thanks for the reply.

My question isn't about my library on my computer, that I have sorted out and ordered the way I want.

My question is why the .m3u file I sync to my phone isn't the same I have on MB.  The correct playlist uses the .mbp format; my phone can't read this so I export the playlist using the sync menu.  Exported playlists on my computer in .m3u format are only correct if I select all the tracks in MB in the correct order and then export.  Automatically exported playlists are usually in the order where the tracks included were added.  This goes mainly for automatic or dynamic playlists.

What I want to know, is there a specific setting for exporting playlists in the sorting order where they can be seen in MB.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I always sort my automatic playlists by columns (ctrl+click to select multiple columns when viewing the playlist) and when I export them the play order is maintained. Is that what you're looking for?

As an example, here's how mine are sorted:

1) Album Artist
2) Original Year
3) Year
4) Album
5) Disc-Track#

This works well for me as I usually shuffle when playing tracks by playlist anyway so the order doesn't matter, but I can also play tracks on the playlist chronologically by artist when I want to.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6