Author Topic: OK. Laugh if you must. But how do you save a darn playlist?  (Read 1889 times)

trittico

As the subject says, this old fart, who's been sitting behind a PC 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, since 1983, can't, for the life of him, figure out how to save a playlist.

Someone please help.   :'(

Tybot

I'm not sure which panel your working with but I'm gonna assume you're in the "Playing Tracks" panel. In that case you just highlight the songs you want to add to an existing playlist, or create a new one, right-click and select "Add to playlist".

https://img3.picload.org/image/rwdcwggr/untitled-1.jpg

You can also drag and drop tracks to an existing playlist in the left panel to add them to the list.

trittico

holy hell. The way to save it is through "Export"?

I've never seen such a thing. That's silly, but if that's the way, then that's the way.

Thanks for the answer. But I saw it three minutes to late. I had this 50 song playlist that I build last night - only to see it wiped out when I double-clicked on an album cover. I thought I'd see a track listing of the album. Not a replacement of my playlist.

I'm really trying hard to like this program. I need a good music library based player but I can't find one that's just right.

But I'll stick with musicbee for now.

Export indeed.  ;)

dgbx

Try this: Right click in the Playing Tracks area. Select "List". Select "Undo changes". Maybe you'll get your prior playing tracks back. Depends if you did anything in the interim.

phred

• Global Moderator
holy hell. The way to save it is through "Export"?
I've never seen such a thing. That's silly, but if that's the way, then that's the way.
Did you not read the first reply?
Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 09:38:34 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

vincent kars

Playlist are saved automatically in the MusicBee database.
Tybot is probably right, you mistake the Playing Tracks panel for a playlist

Maybe this link is of use http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists