Author Topic: [solved] Track Information panel-URL-discogs release ID from custom tag to URL  (Read 3955 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
I have most of my library populated with multiple discogs ID fields (but I'm sure this would be equally usefull for people using picard/musicbrainz).
So I have these tag fields, which only state a discogs database ID, but which directly co-relate to a URL (fieldName - example value = URL to give an exact example as to how this could be used to construct a discogs URL)

DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID
=
https://www.discogs.com/release/5984550

DISCOGS_ARTIST_ID
=
https://www.discogs.com/artist/3958076

DISCOGS_LABEL_ID
=
https://www.discogs.com/label/114311

I would love to be able to directly access these 'reconstructed' URLs from ID in the Track Information panel in MB for a playing track (similar to the Wikipedia, Google news, hypem, options...).
That would be neat! ;)

Churs.
c.
Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:42:38 AM by alec.tron

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
This can already be done.
Add your custom web links under Preferences> Internet or Track Information> Customise Panel...> Configure Custom Links
eg (as I use):
Code: "MusicBrainz Artist"
$IsNull(<M.Brainz Artist Id>,,https://musicbrainz.org/artist/<M.Brainz Artist Id>)
and then activate the new link
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

alec.tron

Tiny detail question - I thought the $IsNull might do this, but looks like it doesn't (for me).
Can this be configured to only 'fill' / show the custom link in the Track Information panel IF there is a given ID, so it resolves to a legal/real/functional html URL (there's still a few tracks that do not have the discogs ID, in that case I would prefer if the custom discogs links wouldn't be shown in Track Information panel... if that is possible...).
Churs.
c.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Tiny detail question - I thought the $IsNull might do this, but looks like it doesn't (for me).
No, unfortunately the $IsNull justs stops it from creating a dud link
Can this be configured to only 'fill' / show the custom link in the Track Information panel IF there is a given ID, so it resolves to a legal/real/functional html URL (there's still a few tracks that do not have the discogs ID, in that case I would prefer if the custom discogs links wouldn't be shown in Track Information panel... if that is possible...).
Churs.
c.
+1 for this part
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

vzell

No, unfortunately the $IsNull justs stops it from creating a dud link
Churs.
c.
+1 for this part

+1 from me too

redwing

Without having to check if each link's really functioning, the link could be shown grayed out only when the URL for the link is completely empty like the Bee-liever's example.
Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 05:51:45 PM by redwing

alec.tron

Yep, or it could be tied to the existence/non-emptyness of the custom tag field that is used to construct the URL.
It should be safe to assume (at least for my use case it is 100%) if the tag field is not empty, it is suitable for constructing a legal URL.
Just a thought.

Churs.
c.

alec.tron

Many thanks!
Can't test atm as I am and will be traveling for a few weeks, but will grab the latest when I got a quiet day.
Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Neat.This works brilliantly with the latest 3.1.6445 patch & greys out / de-activates the link!
Thanks!
c.