Author Topic: Watched Folders  (Read 2313 times)

nazz

For several raisons i use many collections (i use also tags)... since the last version of MusicBee i have a new problem : the selected watched folders change randomly and impossible to stabilize them... when i open a collection i must verify all the time... is there a reason ? thank for your help...

Steven

• Administrator
- What is the version of MB you are using and what version were you using before
- can you confirm that you are saying this issue happens when you open a different library
- Could you post a screenshot before and after where "the selected watched folders change"

nazz

- the version i use is the last and before it was the previous
- i confirm that the issue happens when i change from a library to an other
- i've done the screenshot but don't know (!) how to send it in this reply ("image" needs URL)...

redwing

What's the version number before and after? (Help> About)

To post a screenshot, upload the image to an image hosting site like imgur.com and post the link.

nazz

"What's the version number before and after?" all versions since january 2015...
(this one 3.0.6335... 2 previous, i think 3.0.6276  and 3.0.6132 and no such problem with them)

nazz

the watched folder was "+Rock Pop1996" and many others except 1996 appear in place...

Steven

• Administrator
in that case can you try the latest version which is v3.1 beta on the downloads page. If it still happens then let me know you are happy to run a debug version

nazz

"If it still happens then let me know you are happy to run a debug version"

sorry i tried the beta version but it happens like you can see...
(watched folder 2001 but when i open the collection +ROCK POP 2001 after creation so 1990 appears)

http://nazznazz.imgur.com/all/

nazz

excuse me THIS is the good screenshot with the v3.1 beta version

http://nazznazz.imgur.com/all/

Steven

• Administrator
I have looked through the code and i cannot see how the monitored folders settings could be changed without your knowledge.
The screenshots you have provided are for 2 different libraries. You do realise that all settings on the Library preferences panel are unique to each library? ie. the monitored folders are specific to the current library only.
Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:44:50 PM by Steven

nazz

yes the settings on each library are different (only watched folders are different)... strangely it worked with every previous versions...
(i notice that i must adjust the setting several time (variable... 3, 4, 5 times ?) and delete each time the bad albums who appear then re-open the library... and it eventually stabilize)

nazz

sometimes i believe i understand the logic (creating a new collection with new settings it seems to keep the previous setting) but not always... so i don't find any solution... really a new novelty and i need to check all the time...

nazz

i read what you wrote about Simplification of MusicBee settings...
... as for the setting of watched folders that change unpredictably i have done a lot of tests : it is confirmed that at each creation of a collection number n MusicBee keeps the setting of watched folders of the previous collection setting number n-1 at the next opening of the collection number n... if i correct this setting 2 or 3 times it seems to stabilize (even whis the beta-version)... MusicBee is so good and easy that this little problem slows down a bit but i manage...