Author Topic: Picture Gallery in MusicBee  (Read 2244 times)

justkid24

I would like to see a photo gallery in Musicbee. I have many pictures of multiple artists on my computer and would like to organize them into my musicbee library.

For now musicbee simply needs to just have a picture section in Explorer and allow each picture to have a Title, caption/description, allow to tag multiple artists on one picture (so this way if there are two or more artists in one photo, the photo will appear in each artist's individual gallery) and sort them into photo albums.

Here is some concept art I created to give you guys an idea:

This the picture gallery for each artist.

This is the image viewer for each image.

Double-clicking the image from the viewer should show a larger image.

Right clicking from the viewer should up some options such as editing the tagged artist(s), album, etc.

Each picture should also have a check mark option for "Show in Now Playing" so this way users can more easily control which images appear there. If any image has this box unchecked this can be considered a banned image in Now Playing.

I also believe that only users should be able to control the photo library and individually be able to upload images onto the gallery. However, if you want to you can add a last.fm image importing option, as long as there is a way to disable it for users who wish to not use this feature.

So....what do you guys think? Is there anything else you wish to see or add on?
Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:43:17 PM by justkid24

redwing

+1

I have suggested a similar idea a while ago: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9313.0
Later Steven added Artwork Downloader tool, but still MB lacks an adequate tool to browse and manage pictures saved in local Artist/Soundtrack folders. Of course MB doesn't have to support all the functionality like multi-renaming, cropping, resizing to manage those pictures (for these the use of 3rd-party apps will be still required) but it would be still useful if it could allow browsing saved pictures, show picture dimensions, support renaming, addition/deletion of pictures, and possibly the suggested banning feature.