Author Topic: Sample Skin  (Read 57981 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
What other element do you mean?
NowPlayingPopup.Body

On my system, the bg attribute for this popup element has three different rgb combinations which are all not present in the xml file... (1, 2, 3)
Although when having the popup appear on a pure white background, I managed to get the exact rbg value outlined in <element id="NowPlayingPopup.Body" bg="181,203,235"...

There just seems to be too many variations for us to cover them all.
What we can bet on is that, anyone who later struggles to identify these colours will come to this thread and hopefully understand why they aren't getting any matches.

- Colours from the Now Playing pop up do not match with those of NowPlayingPopup.Body and NowPlayingPopup.Border.
That's because the pop-up panel always gets some transparency applied...even if you have set the slider completely to 'opaque'
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

There just seems to be too many variations for us to cover them all.
Yeah, so there are more than I anticipated on.
The only solid solution would be if MusicBee wouldn't apply any transparency at all when the opacity slider is completely to the right.

Anyway, with all the values added now, chances are very slim someone wouldn't be able to find the element at all.
Most likely at least one of the items of the panel will now give a match and lead to the element and the explanation in the xml.
Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 05:35:35 PM by hiccup

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
hiccup...Controls.InputControl.Modified is missing a bdr attribute.
(looks like you also never made use of it in your Tron Punk skin)

hiccup

hiccup...Controls.InputControl.Modified is missing a bdr attribute.
(looks like you also never made use of it in your Tron Punk skin)
Where and when does this bdr show up? (I can't find it right now)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Sorry, should have elaborated there.
- open the tag editor and modify a field.
- switch to another tab within the editor.
- return to the tab with the modified field and you'll see a grey border around it.

hiccup

- return to the tab with the modified field and you'll see a grey border around it.
Ah yes, I see.
To be honest, I have some suspicion this may not be an intended feature.
Anyway, since it indeed does this, I'll add it to the Sample Skin and to Tron Punk. (and I will probably need to check all my skins ;-(
Thnx.

ben1arh

Hi, when I open up the upcoming concerts, the link button to songkick.com is completely coloured in dark green.
Probably the effect of IconColourOverride.Default but it would be great if this songkick button could be excluded. Is that possible?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
...but it would be great if this songkick button could be excluded. Is that possible?
I believe the exclusion can only be done from Steven's (MusicBee's developer) side.
Without his intervention, the only way around this would be getting rid of IconColourOverride.Default altogether and having your own appropriately coloured icons.

For now, create a separate topic for this request in the (Developers' Area) skins board. 'Cause it might not get seen if it just remains here.
And from what I've noticed, it's not just the Upcoming Concerts icon that gets blanked out...the SoundCloud icons (in the Search Service and Play History node) also get affected.

ben1arh

the SoundCloud icons (in the Search Service and Play History node) also get affected.
Yes indeed, maybe because these are icons without transparency?

create a separate topic for this request in the (Developers' Area) skins board.
Ok, I will try to find my way  8)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Controls.ScrollBar.Default (scrollbar in the tag inspector) is missing a bdr attribute.

hiccup

Controls.ScrollBar.Default (scrollbar in the tag inspector) is missing a bdr attribute.
Thanx, added.
I also changed the elements that we both believe to be obsolete to greenies.

MusicBebe

Thanks for this! I like this skin pretty much as it is. I am playing with a second portable install of MB, and wanted something I couldn't possibly mistake for my regular one. It serves its purpose well, and keeps the different MB zones visible, but without being distracting or compromising usability or imposing a strong style or aesthetic. Colorfully zen.

The one thing I'd like to change, I can't figure out from looking at the xml. In the main view, I would like the text color to be the same on all lines. and not alternate every line, though the alternation of the bg is perfect. Unless - it only looks like alternating text color because of the different backgrounds? (I don't think it's that, but it seems possible.)

I've looked around the xml, and I can see how I could modify it, but I haven't identified which value to mod. I 've searched for "text" and "color" and even "font" and have made a number of fun changes! But not the one I want. So I thought I'd ask. It's in there somewhere, isn't it?

Thanks!
Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 06:15:03 AM by MusicBebe

hiccup

Thanks for this! I like this skin pretty much as it is.…
Colorfully zen…
Haha, thanks. While 'normal usage' was not the purpose of this skin, it's nice to hear that it is suitable for that, and that it is also able to trigger zen moods in people ;-)

…I would like the text color to be the same on all lines. and not alternate every line, though the alternation of the bg is perfect…
I've looked around the xml, and I can see how I could modify it, but I haven't identified which value to mod. I 've searched for "text" and "color" and even "font" and have made a number of fun changes! But not the one I want. So I thought I'd ask. It's in there somewhere, isn't it?
Have you read the start post? I think it explains pretty well how to find any specific element. (using a colour picker)

MusicBebe

Have you read the start post? I think it explains pretty well how to find any specific element. (using a colour picker)

You are right - it does explain it pretty well! I breezed right past it in my rush to plunge in.  :-[  I've now found the elements I'm looking for.

Thanks again for preparing this demo! 

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
These were recently introduced and do not appear to be present in the latest xml.

PanelBackHighlight
PanelForwardHighlight

Edit:
Also realized that the recent Controls.Arrow.Disabled is listed amongst icon elements.
It would probably be better placed in line 130, just under Controls.Arrow.Highlight.
Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 04:25:18 PM by Mayibongwe