Author Topic: Special view for playlists by default?  (Read 2231 times)

Biff

How can I get this view of a playlist by default:

So when I create a new playllist I want have this display.
Newest portable, stable MusicBee - Windows 10 Home, 64bit

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't know the exact steps off the top of my head, but check out the wiki pages for playlists and custom views
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Biff

Thank you.

I tried the custom views but could not find that combination (album / folder and date added).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
did you read the wiki page on custom views?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Biff

Well, well, I would not say I have read the entire information of special subjects / chapters or the wiki, but I have searched there among other things in "Custom views", "sorting" and such and have started reading information which has appeared to be helpful and have stopped reading if it appears not to be helpful.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
here's the section on custom views:  http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Panel_Views#Custom_Views

playlists and views are a little tricky, but i think if you set a static playlist to use a custom view, other playlists will use that same view ad long as you haven't changed any other settings. that info is on the playlists page of the wiki.

and auto playlists are another animal, but that's where the custom view is especially helpful, so that you don't have to configure each one by itself
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Biff

here's the section on custom views:  http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Panel_Views#Custom_Views
Thank you for the link, yes, that's the place I looked for such. But could not find anything respectively I could not find to set the combination albums sorted by date.

playlists and views are a little tricky, but i think if you set a static playlist to use a custom view, other playlists will use that same view ad long as you haven't changed any other settings. that info is on the playlists page of the wiki.

and auto playlists are another animal, but that's where the custom view is especially helpful, so that you don't have to configure each one by itself
Alright, I guess, at the monent I do not make it, very complicated, I was able to store that special playlist view in a file but canot find anymore which option that was.

Many thanks.