Author Topic: Saved playlist functionality query  (Read 1023 times)

ldvivier

Good day

Thought I would post my questions here before suggesting them as added features (I might be missing something).

Is it possible for MusicBee to create a playlist that stores the directory structure of the folder it is saved in...
as opposed to the direct links to the files? 

I think, to illustrate, it is the difference in the playlist saving something like this:

"\Foxtrot\Dancing 1.mp3"

as opposed to

"C:\My Documents\My Music\Foxtrot\Dancing 1.mp3".

THUS If you then move the folder (and the saved playlist inside along with it) and simply load the playlist inside the folder it will load the files from the current location/directory/root structure INSTEAD of looking for it where the files were previous.

I know this is possible as I have seen playlists from other people that do this. They have, for example, a playlist saved under each album folder and no matter where they move the folder to you can just click on the playlist and it plays the files underneath that folder.

From what I have experimented with Music Bee it seems to save the direct links to the file. As soon as I move the playlist along with the folder it no longer works.

Regards

Leon

redwing

Yes, you can tick "use relative file paths" option in Preferences> Library> Playlists.

ldvivier

Yes, you can tick "use relative file paths" option in Preferences> Library> Playlists.

Aaargh...was missing something. Thank you very very much!