Author Topic: Exporting media from Mediamonkey to MusicBee  (Read 2087 times)

EagerBecky1

Hello all I am brand new to this ,and have a fear of screwing up something if i try to do it with out the correct knowledge,?
I first downloaded Media Monkey ,and after not figuring out how to play a song ,i panicked,and went on line once more to see what a lot of folks recommended,for a music organizer and player?So i downloaded music bee and dont have a clue yet how to use the player and machine properly,??I want to remove or export from Media monkey any media i may have let it search for ,Is there a correct way to do that ,and if so any help from anyone would be great ,as after exporting what ever music and media i may of had there i wish to delete the program asap,it scares me ,I not at all tech savvy ,but love music and hope this is the player i have dreamed about having my OS is win 7 Hm Premium sp1
and my machine is AMD Phenom-ii X550 Processor 3.10Ghz 2 GB of ram if any of that helps  

and my other question is serious ,as i wish to use a drive other than my C Drive to store all my media at , i have several multi-GB drives that are doing nothing is there a easy way to store my media there or transfer it to a unused drive so  as not to use up  all my C Drive??? I hope my questions are not asking to much ,as i feel like a stupid girl (or as most call me (Dumb Blonde) ha-ha, any help would be most appreciative     Sincerely EagerBecky1 :(
Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:06:49 AM by psychoadept

redwing

Sounds like you didn't do anything with Media Monkey except simply having it scan music files in your machine. If that's the case, you can simply uninstall the program and forget about it.
With MusicBee, you still need to have it scan your music to build a library (File> Scan Folders for New Files). It won't touch or move your files, simply reading file info and referencing their location to play them within MB.

The wiki will help you to learn about basic things: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Online_Help_Landing_Page

i have several multi-GB drives that are doing nothing is there a easy way to store my media there or transfer it to a unused drive so  as not to use up  all my C Drive???

Sure. You can either move files first with Windows explorer and then have MB scan them (import to the library), or scan them first from C drive and then move them to another drive within MB using context menu "Folder (Move)" after selecting files. But once imported to MB, don't move music files outside of MB, then it won't find the files.

EagerBecky1

Thanks for the great info, My only caution and concern is that when i hit the delete button for media monkey it said "are you sure you want to delete all these files" ??,So i vapor locked and stopped the delete of that program,So when i delete the media monkey program it wont delete all my movies and music too along with it??? Sorry i am too fearfull of having that stupid program delete all my long collected movies and music</Advise PLEASE Luv, EagerBecky1

redwing

Why are you trying to delete your media files with Media Monkey? Do you see your media files stay intact at their original location when you look at from Windows explorer? Then just exit Media Monkey, and uninstall it. Or you can just leave the program as it won't do anything.

EagerBecky1

Thank you for all your super advice ,ill let you know how it all worked ,Thanks Eagerbecky1

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think they mean they got a warning when they went to remove Media Monkey.  

I'm 99.9% sure that it wouldn't remove your media files, just the program files, but it's ALWAYS a good idea to have a backup of your media files anyway.  I've learned that lesson the hard way.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)