Author Topic: Playlist Error when trying to create Playlists  (Read 1748 times)

glaecken

Whenever I try to create a playlist I get this error message. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and I still get the same message. I really need to find out what's going on. PLEASE ADVISE.

MusicBee v3.0.6347.33670 (Win10.0), 22 Jun 2017 4:53:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\orphe\Music\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Folder\' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at #=qr4OuDmR29AtFN1fyM1wEBNfS4jRKIpwHAHr_4uzunPU=.#=qhDMLdXP2hpwmIcMcRC1GBw==(#=qbGGVUaCveePOmfTUQHevSodVmpvgwON02l2R6LvM9Rw= #=qQqs486Qs5$xOUnfA85iJog==)
   at #=qSF1V_Pc6yLllhxZ8T9um6S8BtbB_bcCBk$aXdyrN3mg=.#=qNbinMP2H0QPuKnz541ZQgw==.#=qJ9oSHMteL7LuqlxMMROOCA==(#=qbGGVUaCveePOmfTUQHevSodVmpvgwON02l2R6LvM9Rw= #=qZaiabcq9kRvt$DRn9Oz1afr9_BAOweXkMrs3RxoaP38=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qehyiY3FLuZfFK3i7$P_rvg==.#=q2MAlDRAD_jJPfJ_guAdkGqfltJivB9AeaPobmLr0fdo=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qrTY_6jB78$ddsbe4Wok39g==.#=qRq4puVv$iudN9DstkGzK8g==(ApplicationCommand #=qNWW5_eGiStokU_xmneHAgQ==, Object #=qhux$6kqh7lpxyj$pRC_inw==, IList`1 #=q$ZGk6Pdkd9iKj66gxweDdA==)
   at #=q5rE05OF$D_cMVvG$z2WPpyEX5iHpzVFmdVGMho8xCH0=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qiE0FKERQLtrpTj7X0VhtJw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

phred

• Global Moderator
Looks like you don't have permission to access the directory. Try running MB as administrator. Or move your playlists and music to a 'non-Windows' folder. Or install the portable version.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here