Author Topic: Playing Music With Wasapi  (Read 3103 times)

nicknack35

Evening all im new to the forum id like to start saying i love MusicBee and very well done to the Devs. My question is i currently gone from using DirectSound to WASAPI due to me using a USB DAC. The question is when i get the volume to the right level. When i skip forward the Volume goes very loud until i press the volume bar in the player ive looked in settings exc nd cannot see what is causing this any ideas please be greatly appreciated thank you

nicknack35

Right ive managed to track the problem now if i play my own music on my drive the volume stays the same all the way through the track now if i play a Soundcloud mix i turn the volume down on the volume slide on MB player but when i skip forward the mix the volume goes very loud now thats very worrying with people with active speakers like myself if the speakers blow this is some sort of Bug for sure and not settings

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
As a workaround, you could max out your MB volume and control the volume of your speakers with a preamp after your DAC (like a Schiit Sys) or the volume knob on your speakers. That's how I roll.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
... if i play a Soundcloud mix...
if you mean you're streaming from Soundcloud, turn on "dynamically normalise volume of streams" in Preferences> Player> sound effects
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

nicknack35

Nope that has no Effect to the streams changing that i have volume low on MB player but still when i skip forward in the mix it goes really loud after resuming to where i want it i keep having to touch the volume slide to turn it down very annoying why is it doing it? it is a very good media player but this is deemed not usable to stream this is a bug in the player. My music off my own drive is fine

nicknack35

There should not have to be a work around though the volume slider in MB should keep the music at what ever level you want it if its set low for my oen content then it stays at that volume skipping forward if i stream the volume slider stays the same but when i skip forward in the stream it goes really loud when resuming and the slider stays the same as it was. I have to touch the slider slightly to take it back to the level i had it

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
It sounds like a bug, workarounds just get you by until it gets fixed.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6