Author Topic: Custom hotkeys to set pre-defined values to custom fields ?  (Read 2494 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
maybe someone has a good idea on how to do this... but I have a hunch this might not be possible at alll...

So based on, or rather to work around, this feature wish/suggestion:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19930.0

And this - to customize the Tag Editor layout:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19939.msg118903#quickreply

I am using 'Enable direct editing of tags in main panel' on a custom tag to do this atm, but the 'edit field' workflow I found (by selecting an entry, then hovering over the desired column field & hitting F2 to go into edit mode) is having a difficult time when a column is rather small (as the rating scale is 0-10 on this custom field of mine atm and does not need or warrant a large column width), even when hovering the mouse-pointer exactly above, in many cases it jumps to a different field to edit (after brief testing, the edit-via-F2 seems to become more reliable the wider the column is, but it seems to favour Title above others for some reason - or might be there's better ways to trigger the edit mode on a given column-field ?).

So as the above 3 options aren't available or less ideal to work with, I was wondering if there's any way to tie hotkeys to custom fields & values. Essentially I would like ot be able to use a similar mapping as the default:
Alt + 1 = 1 star rating
Alt + 5 = 2 star rating

but, eg:
Ctrl + 1 = push value of "1" into a custom tag field ENERGY
Ctrl + 5 = push value of "5" into a custom tag field ENERGY
etc...

Or:
Ctrl + Alt + P = push value of "Piano" into a custom tag field INSTRUMENT

Is such hotkey mapping & value generation via hotkeys possible somehow ?

Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:13:04 AM by alec.tron

boroda

just as a workaround: tag tools plugin, ASR window, copy 'toy: set tag' preset several times, fill required tag value for every copy and assign a hotkey for every copy.

alec.tron

Awesome!
Need to grab ASR for my laptop then as well :D

Is this the latest still ?

"
Plugins / Re: Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools
« on: 25-05-2017, 00:45:44 »
Quote from: phred on 20-05-2017, 08:09:50

Quote from: boroda74 on 20-05-2017, 03:37:26

(with caution :)) new version seems to be a bit less buggy. persistent windows are also fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6g8oo2wkxfn88dc/mb_TagTools_2017-05-24.zip

source:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ofjw9ba7750ovy6/TagTools_2017-05-24.rar
"

Or where is best to grab the latest latest from ?
Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Grabbed the above, but there's 2 oddities for me with ASR & hotkey assignment.

1. specific to hotkeys
When assigning 'Assign hotkey for this preset. Left 10/10'
I do not know what the hotkey is to trigger these once set.... how would I find out which hotkeys these are linked to, or set it up myself ? I've looked through ASR & MB preferences/hotkeys for any hint where/what it might be without luck, but chances are I can't see the forest for the trees...

2. potential bug caused by user error ?
- copy ASR preset & customize it ( 'toy: set tag' in my case)
- assign set 'Assign hotkey for this preset. Left 10/10' active so it then reads "Assign hotkey for this preset. Left 9/10'"
- now do NOT save your custom preset (d'oh)
- close ASR window
- open ASR window
- the preset is now obviously not saved, but hotkey assing is still set to "Assign hotkey for this preset. Left 9/10'", so one would be incrementally wasting hotkey slots from the looks if one forgets to save the preset... (are these stored in ascii / user editable format somewhere so I can revert to ?)

Cheers.
c.

boroda

here is the latest plugin version (stable, not beta):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-D1MoIY406HSDVzbTlBQUVVRkE

for 1: its because mb api is not very straightforward for dynamic assigning of hotkeys. 1st tick 'assign hotkey' next to required presets, then restart mb and go to edit> prefs> hotkeys. look for 'additional tagging tools: asr: <preset name>'.

for 2: seems to be a bug, will check it.

alec.tron

1st tick 'assign hotkey' next to required presets, then restart mb and go to edit> prefs> hotkeys. look for 'additional tagging tools: asr: <preset name>'.

Briliant, this worked as described, thanks a ton! Guess the restart after ASR hotkey enabling was the essential bit I as missing for the hotkeys to turn up in hotkey editor.

One odd side effect after creating the hotkeys for all:
Ctrl + 1 = set value 1 to custom field
Ctrl + 9 = set value 9 to custom field

Now the default MB star-rate-selected file hotkeys have moved 'up an octave' and is persistent now :D
i.e.
Alt + 1 = 1 star rating, which used to be just that is a non rating now
Alt + 2 = 2 star rating, which used to be just that, results in a 1 star rating now
Alt + 3 = 3 star rating, which used to be just that, results in a 2 star rating now
Alt + 4 = 4 star rating, which used to be just that, results in a 3 star rating now
and so on and forth.

Also, the MB hotkey editor still claims
Alt + 1 = 1 star rating
But, the value set on file do not support that anymore as the above scheme is in effect for whatever reason...
Strange... but can work around it and get used to the 'up shift' for this.

Cheers.
c.

ps. Going into the hotkey editor and re-assigning the same i.e. to what it still is in hotkey editor, but just for the sake I've redone the standard assignments by hand, i.e. Alt + 1 = 1 star rating etc) and they now work again as before. There was a slight delay... I assigned 1, closed hotkey editor, same upshift still, did it again for Alt+2 & Alt+3, Alt+4, same 'up shift' still for the first 3 hotkey executions, but the 4th or 5th time executing the same hotkeys, the star values suddenly "shifted 'down" again to what they originally were....
Just documenting that here and in case it rings a bell for Steven or boroda74.
Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:47:08 AM by alec.tron