Author Topic: Sorting  (Read 1174 times)

josephzitt

I'm a bit confused by some sorting issues and how they're handled in the interface.

My goal is to set the Sort Album Artist for everything, then actually rearrange my filesystem by that. (I mirror the same drive to other computers not running Windows, but organize my files with MusicBee since nothing I've seen can compare to it -- in fact, it's close to the sole reason I'm still running Windows on anything.) I haven't done this, yet, though, since I want to make sure I have everything right before I do a massive reorganization.

Do I understand correctly that if I set an Album Artist Sort for an Artist for one album, it will replicate for the same Album Artist for other albums? And how should I handle collaborations by multiple artists? What's the canonical way to set the Album Artist and Sort Album Artistt for an album by, say (to choose one which happens to be on my screen right now), the quartet of Tigran Hamasyan, Arve Hendriksen, Elvind Aarset and Jan Bang?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you running 3.0 or 3.1? If 3.1, I suggest you look over this thread: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21624.msg128992#msg128992
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

josephzitt

3.1. I'll take a look. Thanks.