Author Topic: Installing and copying from one drive to another  (Read 860 times)

_Chris_

I now want to try MB  :)   I currently have all my music and playlists (from MM) on the ext hard drive letter X, and I want to start completely afresh on an ext hard drive letter O and copy all the music and playlists onto the O and install MB to the O drive as well.  It must be completely portable on that O drive.  However, my questions is this, when the music and playlists get copied over, the filepaths will be different on the new drive, so how do we solve that one please?

boroda

if you dont copy music and *playlists* manually to O: all should be fine. install portable mb on O:, tick in mb prefs 'use relative paths' if want to attach drive O: to different pc sometimes (otherwise this option doesn't matter), import all music and playlists to mb (at this point they will located still on X:), check that all tags are correct, then re-organize you music in mb. your music will be *copied* from X: to O: and organized according to your organization template.