Author Topic: Bug in playing .mp4 audio file  (Read 1307 times)

madanpro

Hello,

I've been using MusicBee for a while. It is amazing. MusicBee does not play MP4 'Audio' files properly. These files play from where it is paused or app is closed the last time. And if  the song is complete it will start again from where it had stopped last time. Ex. If a song has 2 ends, A and Z, I had exited the app or change to other song at point B, whenever i play that song it will start from point B every time, like a loop from B to Z all the time. If I want to start from point A i have to manually start from point A in seek bar for 2 times.

I have tried in latest version of MusicBee Version 3.0.6335 and MusicBee 3 Version 3.0.6276. It didn't help.

I have audio files in mp4 format downloaded from Nokia Music back when Nokia was popular. These files are 32k bitrate. I'm not in bitrate race, this works for me, so I still use these mp4 audio. I can convert these files to mp3, I have maybe 1000 songs in this format, that takes up memory unnecessarily.

Please fix this

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
files in AudioBooks or Podcasts automatically resume from the last position. Files elsewhere have a flag that can be changed in the Settings tab of the tag editor to control automatic resume.
Other issues with .mp4 files may be related to the windows aac decoder so you could try the one from bass which is much better. See the Wiki FAQ section for instructions