Author Topic: Why does continously monitor NEVER work?  (Read 953 times)

dkeone

So whats up with this function? This music player looks great but there's a ton of bugs, for instance this continously monitor rarely ever works, i do not understand how to set it up, i've tried using it over SMB and that never ever works no matter what you do premission wise, so i setup a cronjob to copy my music archive on a hourly basis from my fileserver to my music player in hopes of continously monitor to work on a local path where the user account which runs the player has admin rights, but NOPE. nothing once more.

Also i wonder why can't you have the continously monitor both add files to now playing AND to the library, why would you want one but not the other?

I really astonished about how much work must have been put into this player only to have it almost useless compared to foobar which looks like shit but all the features work perfectly.

Really want to use musicbee for the modern looks. Any ideas how to get continously monitor to work or do i have to script something that  restarts the music player once a day to refresh my god damn music library?

Steven

• Administrator
there was a bug in early v3.0 releases where the folder monitor didnt detect files in specific use cases. So i suggest you update to v3.1 from the first forum topic or get the latest v3.0 from the downloads page.
I am not aware of there being any issues being reported with the folder monitor for some time now