Author Topic: MusicBee Settings transfer  (Read 2696 times)

MbX99

Hello

I'm wondering about the MusicBee settings and how should I backup them in case of Windows Reinstall. When I was using WA, I just backed up WA folder from User's AppData Roaming folder and were done with it.

With MusicBee, it's now different - I have MusicBee installed on my F: drive and it seems to have settings in there, however there is also large folder in Roaming folder. Do I need to backup the folder too since it seems to have much settings, pictures etc.?

Alumni

Hi, these are the most important files you'll need to backup, in their default locations;

"C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\MusicBee3Settings.ini"
"C:\Users\yournamehere\Music\MusicBee\MusicBeeLibrary.mbl"
"C:\Users\yournamehere\Music\MusicBee\MusicBeeLibrarySettings.ini"

MbX99

OK thx, so the Roaming folder is needed, I'll just keep it safe then. Too bad it doesn't save all settings to one folder, obvious choice would be MusicBees own folder.

Probably hard for people, who might not have the knowledge to find the settings in hidden folder.

phred

• Global Moderator
Too bad it doesn't save all settings to one folder, obvious choice would be MusicBees own folder.
If you use the portable version, everything is saved in the directory in which MB is installed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MbX99

Ok, thank you - those answered all my questions

And thanks for awesome software, transition from WA was tough lol - but this player is superB.

MbX99

I'm using now the portable version, it's on D: drive - MusicBee still makes folder to F: drive where my music files are. Moved the F: drive folder and MusicBee complained that it can't find the library. So my settings aren't in one folder with portable version.

boroda

you can place library folder at any location you want. just point new library location at mb startup after moving it.

MbX99

Yea, I just thought the program would use its portable folder for all settings.

I just moved the portable folder to the music folder, so now all the files are there in one place. So this little problem is solved.