Author Topic: Album Art Not Syncing With Android Phone  (Read 2772 times)

JBeebs528491

I just came across MusicBee and really enjoy it. I really like the automatic sync feature for mobile devices. However, I am having an issue syncing album art with my .mp3 files.

I have embedded my own album artwork into each .mp3 file, but they aren't coming up in Rocket Player on my phone. When I play the music on my computer, MusicBee shows the embedded artwork. I have looked in Windows Explorer and Mp3tag and my music files do indeed have embedded artwork. In my device sync settings, I have selected "embed artwork in the music file," without using the resize option (most of my music have high-res artwork).

Is there something I am missing?

Steven

• Administrator
i doubt its musicbee at fault. What i suggest you do is copy one of the files from the device to a different location on your PC using windows explorer and see if the file still has the artwork

phred

• Global Moderator
I have selected "embed artwork in the music file," without using the resize option (most of my music have high-res artwork).
Despite the artwork being embedded, could it be that it's so large that Rocket Player is ignoring it? Try a test with letting MB reduce the artwork to 400-500 pixels and resync.

And unless you're using a really large screen phone or tablet, I don't see the point of having really high resolution artwork. But that's just my opinion.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

JBeebs528491

I have copied some of my music to both a different folder on my external hard drive and to my phone and tablet using Windows Explorer without losing the artwork. My artwork sizes range from 200x200 to 2500x2500.

It's not Rocket Player ignoring the hi-res artwork because it read it before I started using MusicBee. I really like using MusicBee because of the automatic device sync. Otherwise, I have to copy each music folder and playlist each time I buy a new album.