Author Topic: Track information: Show Disc# when present, blank if not  (Read 1102 times)

secondsabre

Another stupid newbie RegEx question for y'all, sorry if this has been asked before in some way.  I crawled the forums and bit, and couldn't find anything that exactly matched, and I'm a total failure at RegEx, so I figured it was time to just ask for help.

Multi-disc albums!  I have my Track Information panel set to show relevant tags, including a few custom tags that I use (managed to get that figured out, despite some frustration).  I'd like it to show Track# and Disc # on the same line, in a format like: 04/31 (Disc 2/4)

I have a template set up like so: <Track#>/<Album Track Count> $IsNull(<Disc#>,,"(Disc "<Disc#>/<Disc Count>))

This works great when there's a Disc# tag, everything shows up as it should: 04/31 (Disc 2/4)
When there's no Disc# tag though, I get a spare parentheses randomly tacked onto the end:  04/31 )

I've tried playing around with the template/RegEx, but can't seem to find a way to get rid of it that doesn't break everything else. :'( I'm sure it's some kind of syntax problem, or I'm just using the wrong expressions, but it's driving me crazy and I'd really appreciate some help.  Thanks in advance!

secondsabre

Try ")") in place of )) at the end of the formula.

Oh my gosh, that was it.  I tried everything except doubling up on both quotes *and* brackets.  I feel like an idiot now, but and idiot with things that are working, so a happy idiot!  Thanks, redwing. You truly are a hero member.

redwing

No, you are not. I also tried various things. Once you know what's wrong, it looks easy to spot. But it always takes trial and error even for a simple formula.