Author Topic: 'Album Artist' not auto-filling, but showing the actual content.  (Read 1457 times)

hiccup

If the 'Album Artist' tag is empty, both the column browser and the main panel will display the contents of the 'Artist' tag there.
To me that is confusing, and it is hindering me on a regular basis in having a good insight in the actual tag values and maintaining those.

A while back boroda74 indicated that MusicBee internally uses two different 'Album Artists'.
One that uses the actual content, and one that is auto-filled from 'Artist'.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19833.msg124167#msg124167

I would much prefer the column browser and the main panel by default showing the actual content of 'Album Artist', and not 'improvising' by means of auto-fill.

Steven

• Administrator
i will add support for this at a later date but in the interim if you want to "hack it"
for the dialogs that allow a template, use:
<Album Artist > or <AlbumArtistTagged>

and edit the .ini file and use 34 for the field value rather than 31 but do that intelligently rather than gloabl search/replace

hiccup

Thanks that's great.
That's about 17 instances of 31 to replace with 34, correct?

And, empty Album Artist seem to display as Unknown Album Artist, and therefor will be positioned between 'T' and 'V'.
Other unknown fields are using brackets, so they will be on top of a listing. That's probably desirable here too?