Author Topic: Custom sorting  (Read 24582 times)

tanstaafl

Confirmed. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is behaving inconsistently for me.  Here's a gif of an entire album, where only the composer and title values change.  Yet for some reason the button for custom sort mapping only appears on a few tracks:

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I think it only shows if there is inconsistencies in the data base that needs fixing
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
This is behaving inconsistently for me.  Here's a gif of an entire album, where only the composer and title values change.  Yet for some reason the button for custom sort mapping only appears on a few tracks:
you can always edit them from the Sorting & Grouping preferences dialog.
In the tag editor, the edit button currently only appears if there are individuals associated to the file that cant be edited in the tag editor Sorting tab

Faskil

• faskil.com
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but since the last update, the left pane with the albums is not sorted anymore when I choose "Album". Or at least not in a way that makes sense. See here.

Is there a way to fix this or roll back to the previous sorting method, which worked fine for me?

Steven

• Administrator
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but since the last update, the left pane with the albums is not sorted anymore when I choose "Album". Or at least not in a way that makes sense. See here.

Is there a way to fix this or roll back to the previous sorting method, which worked fine for me?
it looks like a bug so i will fix it

Faskil

• faskil.com

Steven

• Administrator

Faskil

• faskil.com
Awesome, it works! Thanks for the quick fix. ;)

josephzitt

So, if I understand this correctly, setting the Sort Album Artist in the Edit > Sorting tab will now automatically change the setting for all instances of that artist in the Library? If so, wonderful!

antietam

Will you be so kind to keep a very useful feature introduced in ver. 3.1.6312 - "ignore sort override tags" (Sorting/Grouping) - in new versions, too?

Old habits die hard :)

Steven

• Administrator
Will you be so kind to keep a very useful feature introduced in ver. 3.1.6312 - "ignore sort override tags" (Sorting/Grouping) - in new versions, too?

Old habits die hard :)
i have put something in for the next v3.1 update

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
My library has had some weird automatic applications of this (like all "Garrison Keillor" tracks were suddenly sorted as "Willie Nelson"), but they've been easy enough to fix.  I'm just wondering how we tell what's actually in the sort tags in the files (for compatibility with other software) vs MusicBee's internal sorting.  I mean, without looking at the tag inspector for each individual file
Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:00:52 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
My library has had some weird automatic applications of this (like all "Garrison Keillor" tracks were suddenly sorted as "Willie Nelson"), but they've been easy enough to fix.  I'm just wondering how we tell what's actually in the sort tags in the files (for compatibility with other software) vs MusicBee's internal sorting.  I mean, without looking at the tag inspector for each individual file
On the initial scan when the sort artists mapping was automatically created, I guess it only takes one file with "Willie Nelson" to cause "Garrison Keillor" to have that mapping or perhaps it was from a rougue sort artist and you might use sort album artist.
In any case i was think of creating a Tagging Tools sort tag inconsistencies report for this purpose. Also i might disable the new sorting functionality by default for new users for this very reason to save a bunch of new "bug" reports.
As long as you edit the sort tags the same way as before via the tag editor, MB should keep them in sync
Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:01:35 PM by psychoadept