Author Topic: How to restore original layout?  (Read 6457 times)

solus2sail

I have no idea what I did but I lost the original layout somehow.
I've only been using MB a short time but liked occasionally seeing the lyrics and the more visually pleasing (and informative) layout.
Seems I touched something and now I have a more sterile whiteboard effect which I'm not happy with.
I even went so far as to uninstall, reboot then reinstall but the new configuration remains.
I'd appreciate any help in restoring the layout to where I started.
Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The only way I know of to reset the layout is to delete the settings file from your appdata folder.  That will delete a lot of other settings, too, though.

It sounds like you're looking for the right sidebar.  Have you tried fiddling with the arrange panels options?  You can open it with the button next to the search box.
Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:35:11 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

solus2sail

A good idea psychoadept. Wish I'd thought of it first.
Unfortunately after deleting the MB config directory in appdata, the layout remains the same.
I have tried tweaking a few things, one at a time but I'm getting nowhere.
Worst thing is that I had no clue that I'd changed anything to cause me to lose the original setup.
Thanks for the suggestion.

phred

• Global Moderator
Here's an idea that might be worth a try...

Download and install the portable version into a different directory than where MB is now installed. Launch it and immediately look at the Panel Configuration Options (the little square icon to the left of the search bar. Note where each element is (perhaps take a screenshot) and then arrange your original installation to match. Once satisfied, you can delete the portable install.

@Steven - Just one more reason for being able to back up layout.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Unfortunately after deleting the MB config directory in appdata, the layout remains the same.

That's really strange. It sounds like there must be another settings file somewhere.  Try doing a search in Windows Explorer for MusicBee3Settings.ini, or maybe just MusicBeeSettings.ini.  Also look in your MusicBee installation directory for an App Data folder.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)