Author Topic: [SUPPORT ADDED] artist: role/instrument displayed in Now Play panel  (Read 2442 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
With the increased function of the multi-artist splitter in 3.1, if you have musician and production credits included you now get a lot of different images when using the 'Artist Picture' view of the Now Playing panel.

As some of these people are not instantly recognisible from their images, how about overlaying the "artist: role/instrument" info (for the currently displayed image) somewhere.

This way, I'll have some idea of whom some of the more obscure people displayed are.  ;D
Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:06:39 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
I wonder if it would be better to restrict to the Artist role only as i imagine many of the performers would be obscure and not have any pictures. I dont have any strong feelings on this myself

Bee-liever

Hmm, decisions, decisions...
I do like having some of the extra people involved show up, so maybe just limiting the search to the big 4: Artist, Guest Artist, Performer and Remixer?

vzell

I'm always wondering what makes the "Remixer" role so special compared to "Lyricist" or "Composer" ??

I like the idea of overlaying the "artist: role/instrument" info

So: +1

Steven

• Administrator
Hmm, decisions, decisions...
I do like having some of the extra people involved show up, so maybe just limiting the search to the big 4: Artist, Guest Artist, Performer and Remixer?
this is what i have done for the next v3.1 update

edit:
i have changed my mind on this - i will leave them in and implement a tooltip to show the artist name

edit2:
the tooltip is implented when hovering over the album cover (otherwise its too annoying having the tooltip popup all the time)
Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:14:32 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

very nice, thank you.
could the tooltip also be implemented for the 'artist picture' panel when used in the main configuration?

Steven

• Administrator
could the tooltip also be implemented for the 'artist picture' panel when used in the main configuration?
yes its done now, but i wont make a new release available for a few days

Bee-liever

Thank you.
I'll await the new release with 'bated breath  :D

Bee-liever

yes its done now, but i wont make a new release available for a few days
Thank you
Already had a few "I know the face but didn't realise it was them" moments!