Author Topic: Set Grouping Header in Album Covers view?  (Read 2678 times)

lostinsound

I noticed that it's possible in the Album and Tracks view to set the Grouping Header to a tag value, but it doesn't seem possible in the Album Covers view. Is there a way of setting the Grouping Header in Album Covers view I'm not seeing? Basically I want to group by the Sort Album Artist tag but still have the Grouping Header be the Album Artist. For example, I want Fiona Apple to be under the A's, but have the header be 'Fiona Apple', not 'Apple, Fiona'. Is this possible?

phred

• Global Moderator
Click on 'Albums' in the panel header. Then go to Group By > Custom Tags (or Virtual Tags)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

lostinsound

Click on 'Albums' in the panel header. Then go to Group By > Custom Tags (or Virtual Tags)

I already have it set up so it groups by the Sort Album Artist tag. I would just like the header of each group to be the Album Artist tag and not the Sort Album Artist tag (e.g. Fiona Apple instead of Apple, Fiona in the image below). After playing around with it more, from what I can tell it doesn't look like it's possible.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, I think you'd have to make a wishlist request for that one.  Steven did recently implement sort order for tracks/album and tracks view.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
with the latest v3.1 as long as you populate the Sort Album Artist tags for the relevant files then MB will display the Album Artist and sort by the Sort Album Artist tag

lostinsound

with the latest v3.1 as long as you populate the Sort Album Artist tags for the relevant files then MB will display the Album Artist and sort by the Sort Album Artist tag

Just installed the update to 3.1 and it's working great. Thanks! I really like the addition of the Sorting tab in tag editing. Really intuitive and easy to use.