Author Topic: A-Z Jump Bar Question  (Read 1406 times)

Tatsujin

I just started using MusicBee, I have really been enjoying the freedom it brings (especially compared to iTunes, which I'd been longing to drop for years). One issue I am running into is that I like to sort my music by date added so all the newer tracks are on top but when I switch to sort by date added it just says "2017" instead of the A-Z Jump Bar, I understand why, but is there any way to make it so it retains the A-Z layout while using date added sorting? Thank you for any helpful response.

Also as a side note, is it possible to import the date added track information from iTunes? I really enjoy sorting that way.

Edit: One more side note, I have found that you can quickly jump to songs by typing in the name without going up to the search bar but only if sorting by title, is there a way to do this while sorting by date added?
Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:06:46 PM by Tatsujin

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just started using MusicBee, I have really been enjoying the freedom it brings (especially compared to iTunes, which I'd been longing to drop for years). One issue I am running into is that I like to sort my music by date added so all the newer tracks are on top but when I switch to sort by date added it just says "2017" instead of the A-Z Jump Bar, I understand why, but is there any way to make it so it retains the A-Z layout while using date added sorting?

One more side note, I have found that you can quickly jump to songs by typing in the name without going up to the search bar but only if sorting by title, is there a way to do this while sorting by date added?

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Both the AZ Jumpbar add the type-to-find feature work based on your top level sorting.  What you're asking for would require MusicBee to figure out that even though you've sorted by date, you want to seek by letter based on some other field, which it would also have to guess at, so it doesn't really make sense.  It actually used to be that the AZ Jumpbar always showed the letters, but when you were sorting by dates it just didn't do anything.  Now, it can actually jump based on dates.  If you get your date added ported over, you'll see more than 2017 up there.

Try a Google search of this forum (not the forum search, it sucks); I'm pretty sure the date added/iTunes thing has come up before.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)