Author Topic: Segoe UI Symbol troubles Windows 7  (Read 2115 times)

tommik

I have just found that there is a crucial difference between Windows 7 and 10 as for how they handle fonts. I want to use Segoe UI in Music Bee - it looks perfect. If you are using Windows 10 no problem. But, in Windows 7 there may be situations when you have very special symbols like this album from Siberian Hellsounds: ⍲⍕⍎⍱ - these 4 symbols require Segoe UI Symbol font and Windows 7 does not switch to it automatically - you need to specifically set it either as a general font or elsewhere in Music Bee. Problem is Segue UI Symbol does not look as nice as Segoe UI.

I simply ignore these specific symbols for now, but it is sad that Windows 7 is so limiting. I am even thinking about trying to install 10 even when the hardware is not guaranteed to support it.

And I think there is no solution to this. I have tried installing Segoe UI Symbol update for Windows 7 but as I described it is that Seven does not automatically switch to that required font whereas Ten does. And I think the update was not necessary anyway.

https://siberianhellsounds.bandcamp.com/album/-