Author Topic: Podcasts won't refresh at startup  (Read 5764 times)

klint

Hello
On the latest 3.1 build (and likely also before), podcasts are not refreshed at startup, although configured to do so.
Manual check is needed on "Recent updates" folder to get the refresh done.
Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
i recall you reported this previously. Nothing has been changed in regards to refreshing at startup. What i have done is put in some error logging for when things go wrong.
So if after the next 3.1 update you think its still not refreshing on startup then check the end of the error log

klint

Hi Steven
Actually, nothing was added to the log when I restarted MB.

Yet, when refreshing manually, the following entry was added:
21/03/2017 22:13:49 - refresh subscription www.la-bas.org failed: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Very likely an obsolete subscription.

Steven

• Administrator
its probably that windows is saying your internet is not connected but could you run this version and send me the last line in the error log

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ism58ftmvttj9v/MusicBeeDebugPodcast.zip

klint

Here is it: 21/03/2017 23:56:12 - activate: refresh=True,count=107,connected=True
Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
In that case its running the refresh process
I will put something in the subscription header menu that shows when the refresh was last run
Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:05:50 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
the podcasts panel now shows when the subscriptions were last updated by MusicBee (it doesnt change the date/time when you manually refresh a specific podcast) and the number that failed

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

klint

Thanks, quite useful :)

Here is the result:

I restarted MB

These recent episodes are shown (these are old ones, the refresh did not work)

Then I refreshed manually, and obtained the following (after a minute of update of 107 subscriptions)

The recent episodes are really the last ones, this time

I restarted again
and I got that after 10 seconds only. and no mention anymore of the Failed subscription.

Thanks
Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:59:13 PM by klint

Steven

• Administrator
ok i found the issue and should be fixed for the next update

iamambuser

ok i found the issue and should be fixed for the next update

Woohoo, I was about to post "Me too".

klint

Hi Steven
Thank you.
But I'm sorry, it didn't solve the problem for me.
When I start MB, I can see that the time of last refresh is updated after a few seconds. Yet I can't see the enumeration of subscription like in the manual refresh, which may be expected, and also and above all, no new episode shows up in the "Recent episodes" section.
Thanks again
Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:38:53 AM by klint

iamambuser

Hi,

I'm having similar issues. I have podcasts set to "check for updates: On startup", "new episode action: Download the most recent one", "keep: All unplayed episodes". Since upgrading to 3.1, MB hasn't been updating podcasts on startup and needed to be manually updated, either by "F5" or left-click and "check for updates". Sometimes a single podcast would seemingly randomly update when I started MB. Also, manually updating podcasts automatically deleted played episodes, which would also have happened if MB was automatically checking podcasts. I installed the update from above (3.1.6291) but the issue still persists. On startup, the update header takes a couple seconds to show podcasts are updating. The update process completes rather quickly, a couple of seconds, and only 2 of my podcasts were updated. I manually checked for updates and the process took much longer, almost a minute, and updated another 13 podcasts. Also, all my previously listened to episodes were automatically deleted.

Steven

• Administrator
i rebuilt the .exe last night so let me know if it is still happening