Author Topic: IE / Edge in Win10 stops playing Youtube / Vimeo Videos when MB is running.  (Read 3084 times)

Gothmoth

i have updated yesterday to the latest MB fix (3.1.6275).

today i noticed that internet explorer (and edge) is not playing youtube or vimeo videos anymore when MB plays a song.

when a video plays already and i start playing a song in MB the videos immediately wents black.

when i play a song in MB and start IE and try to play a video, i only see the black youtube window and a spinning loading symbol.

when i close MB the video runs again. stop playing a MP3 does not help, i have to close MB and refresh IE.

i have already tried to reset internet explorer to defaults and rebooted... did not help.

chrome and firefox are playing videos fine when MB is running.

don´t know what causes this but i only installed the latest MB version yesterday.

any idea how to fix this?

ps: i thought i may disable the exclusive control in the sound settings but then i get this:

11.03.2017 13:04:26 - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.1.6275.38881 - #=qTkxmKDVk1P_qSPYjlpQsa0bZaLNhZigzFDVn2oGBcHY=: Unable to initialise the output device (error=BASS_ERROR_FORMAT)
   bei #=qOwCCbnzHdvZLPlORL_dHm$urqIYpgBgDxt9wslSFPRM=.#=qT5xdmD8RIqL9eGVeoMCLRQ==.#=qbNQVLZy_fv_EfyRMSPHvHgFi8x5xBwrnMIYVVoeuOhk=(Int32& #=q9NXs9OPeNuJ34wRGJFM_1A==, Int32& #=qeIpKcgLLeINuwMi7ZZHWmQ==)
   bei #=qOwCCbnzHdvZLPlORL_dHm$urqIYpgBgDxt9wslSFPRM=.#=qT5xdmD8RIqL9eGVeoMCLRQ==.#=qRW9aqKSdhGe6vbkJlVgkdA==(Boolean #=qbgxSWK$QsQ0$2VzByHT3dQ==)
   bei #=qOwCCbnzHdvZLPlORL_dHm$urqIYpgBgDxt9wslSFPRM=.#=qT5xdmD8RIqL9eGVeoMCLRQ==.#=qi5XJrPuLVocTbrWmWfqzNg==(Boolean #=qJ9GaAHPC9Q8d8BLv920Rug==)
   bei #=qOwCCbnzHdvZLPlORL_dHm$urqIYpgBgDxt9wslSFPRM=.#=qQKYIyV7voAHMU8drf_FStg==()
   bei #=qOwCCbnzHdvZLPlORL_dHm$urqIYpgBgDxt9wslSFPRM=.#=q8KmS8DCN8AsHRDceqDMT3A==(#=q2sGKCOWdzr_yCzzIDLlQCaIgOLV41iWoOfHZR_U2cZM= #=q2zKV8PkSVhfQkBL6rBkbHg==, String #=qwtWaWxdQyDfjuucDoSrW2Zrwn23UDT1$Axrj6lYw0ok=, #=qiPYSiIg0Dbc4j9d$Ydp5Zg== #=qXpTgYMxlr05Ltk3u$eAB9n_lX8BjbLbIGYkrSARiG6s=, Int32 #=qUKALoZrXO170pup_MD7x_A==, String #=qbKsIeCSaw2ahwS2w6JVfSg==, IntPtr #=qGrdw91eyzN4txKMM4jvLsA==)
   bei #=qMzwKJiDPzFlyeEPPffJBPPzgrkywt7SQ5JldGKUBhTpFp0Yhmxn7k_iqDiL84rV9.#=qO6iuuvSg5qbj3LHT8ixoDBxGL3VlIuAseKQLJgXy1VI=()
   bei #=qwkrVdaPEWx5KtOKiV$DzEeSXAHFA6JVcxImb3wSg_q4_M_Mj9y5gFpLWnMuCiSmH.#=qYE98pDbnlusFSRbyR6TCGQ==()

so i have to enable exclusive control or MB will not play at all (error message : unable to initialise the output device BASS_ERROR_FORMAT).

edit:

playing videos work in IE and edge when i set the MB output to "direct sound".... but not when i use wasapi.
Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:48:15 PM by Gothmoth

Steven

• Administrator
wasapi is exclusive. You would need to use directsound if you want to share the output device between more than one application that are running at the same time

Gothmoth

mhm.... any idea why firefox and chrome play the video then?

i only want to watch the videostream, not sound.

i guess it is possible that it always was that way in IE.
i just changed to wasapi with my latest soundproblems (when coping files over network) a few week ago and normaly i don´t use IE.
so it is possible i just never noticed this behavior with IE.

but why is IE/edge not playing the video at all while firefox and chrome have no problems playing the videos?
i could understand when IE is not playing sound. but why is the videostream black?

normaly i think it is this way:

when you have two videoplayer apps running and sounddevice in exclusive mode, you get sound from only one player.
but both player play the videostream.  i am wrong?
Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:07:39 PM by Gothmoth

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Depends on the application (browser in this case). No way to predict the behavior.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

StefanIvanovic

There is very few applications that uses sound device exclusively via WASAPi or ASIO. It is either some other audio player or some video player. Or some audio/video editing software, but that is rather rare among general users. The problem here is that when one Pauses music in MusicBee the device is still "hooked" and no other application can use audio. The possible fix (with some issues of it's own) could be like this:

Pause - actually stop, but writes down track position within milliseconds
Resume - starts playback over, but from that position

This will release audio device for usage for other applications while MusicBee playback is paused. Remember, there is no Stop button in player, only in pop-up from taskbar, so that might confuse users a little. The issue with this is that if some other application start using audio device exclusively MusicBee would not be able to resume playback, but if some other app uses device exclusively MusicBee would not be able to start playback as well, so that is not new. As this might look like an issue, as I sad earlier there are very few apps that uses device exclusively.

Edit: What I forgot to mention is that the reason for this approach would be to be able to play in browser content without stopping playback in MusicBee, but pausing it, which is way more convenient.
Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:40:31 AM by StefanIvanovic