Author Topic: Artist Sorting In 3.1 Issue  (Read 2595 times)

Coogan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 242
I'm trying out MusicBee 3.1
I have an issue when sorting by artist.  It will sort most tracks correctly, but I still have quite a few albums that
show up at the end of the artist list, that are not correct.
The last artist in my collection should start with a Z.  I have artists that begin with A, M etc. showing after the Z's.

Everything sorts properly in MusicBee 3.0, just not 3.1

Thanks for any help and sorry if this is not a bug, but a feature I am overlooking.

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:
3.5.8878

boroda

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4742
3.1 introduced new 'sorting' tags (see them in tag editor). if no sorting tag is defined then original tag is used for sorting, otherwise sorting tag (for sorting, not for displaying!).

Coogan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 242
I ran 3.0 and sorted by artist and it worked.  I then started 3.1 and my tracks were organized correctly.

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:
3.5.8878

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34416
by running 3.1 then v3.0 then v3.1 again means the custom sort tags that are cached will be out of synch with whats in your music file.
If you rescan the files you will have the same issue again. You need to correct your sort tags which affect sorting that didnt happen in v3.0

Coogan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 242
Thank you Steven.
By defining my custom sorting settings Artist/Album/Title and then rescan in 3.1, all appears normal.

I'm really liking 3.1 btw.  Thanks you for all of your hard work.

Coogan  :) 
My MusicBee Version:
3.5.8878

ihavnoclue

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
I had this same issue, saw that for some reason I had a ton of custom sorting rules I never made myself. After deleting them all all appears normal again. Was making using MusicBee really frustrating.

scatterkeir

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 22
I had this same issue, saw that for some reason I had a ton of custom sorting rules I never made myself. After deleting them all all appears normal again. Was making using MusicBee really frustrating.

I just noticed the same thing, when investigating an issue, and deleting them fixed it. Perhaps I added the rules accidentally somehow.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34416
they are initially derived from sort tags in your files