Author Topic: bug with filtered folders that are deleted  (Read 1763 times)

Gothmoth

i have deleted a folder with the windows explorer that i have set as filtered folder in the MB folder panel.

but it still showed up in the folder panel. even when i deleted it from the folder panel, on the next start it was there again.

to get rid of it i had to choose the unfiltered view in MB and i had to create the folder on the harddrive again.
only then i was able to delete the folder in MB (and on the harddrive).

latest MB version.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure this is not a bug.
Deleting/moving MB files/folders should always be done from within MB and -not- with File Explorer. Doing it outside MB is asking for trouble (as you saw) since MB has no idea where it went.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Gothmoth

I'm pretty sure this is not a bug.
Deleting/moving MB files/folders should always be done from within MB and -not- with File Explorer. Doing it outside MB is asking for trouble (as you saw) since MB has no idea where it went.

well when i press delete in musicbee it should delete the filter entry in musicbee... not?

that i have to create that folder again only so musicbee can delete it is a bit silly. ;)

but it still showed up in the folder panel. even when i deleted it from the folder panel, on the next start it was there again

that musicbee wont find moved files is clear as crystal but in my case it only should remove a folder from the filter list.
but instead it shows a folder that does not exist anymore and ignores my delete command from inside musicbee.
Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:02:35 PM by Gothmoth

Steven

• Administrator
it should and it worked fine for me so i wasnt able to reproduce what you said

Gothmoth

it should and it worked fine for me so i wasnt able to reproduce what you said

you deleted a filtered folder outside musicbee and then deleted the filter entry in musicbee and it worked?

i can reproduce this here with the latest musicbee.... filtered folder will not be be deleted from the panel if they donĀ“t exist on the harddisk anymore.
Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:03:26 PM by Gothmoth