Author Topic: Version 3 is splitting my albums  (Read 1363 times)

Dimi

Hey folks,

I've been using Musicbee for years, and I've just downloaded V3.

The problem is, it's splitting most of my albums, like, for example, if I had an album properly tagged containing 12 songs, now it's showing as 3 albums with their songs split randomly between them.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm really proud of my music collection, and I like things neat. My collection is huge, and I can't go and fix things manually. Everything is neatly tagged, so I have no idea of why this is happening.

If not, could you point me to a link where I can download the previous working 2.XXX version?

Thanks,

Dimi.
Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:34:50 PM by Dimi

Dimi

ADD: Just noticed that these albums have been split by song rating, not randomly.

So, if I have songs with different ratings in the same album, they are displayed separately, but with the same cover image.

For example, if I have an album [X], it's now displayed in the main panel (cover view) as [X] [X] [X], split according to individual songs ratings.

How do I fix that?

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using v3.1, check the new sorting tab in the tag editor as the sort tags are now used
Otherwise check the wiki in the FAQ as to why albums are split.
If you still cant figure it out i suggest you post a screenshot. V3 has been out for a long time now and i dont recall anyone else having this issue so its probably something you have configured

Dimi

Thanks man.

Just figured it out. I had to go to edit>preferences>sorting/grouping> and select "files for each album are organized in their own folder".

You can mark this thread as solved.

Cheers,

Dimi.