Author Topic: regex (regular expressions) - open discussion topic  (Read 28846 times)

hiccup

O.k, I'll let go of the idea that (even .net) regex testers will (should) give the exact same result as MusicBee's regex engine.

Steven

• Administrator
i will create a very simple application to enter text and see the result

hiccup

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4scm9s52a2z3gub/RegEx.zip

run regex.exe

Great, that's very nice and useful.
This makes it a lot easier to try out and test regexes.

edit,
For the purpose of making this easier to find for other members too, I copied this link in the start post of this topic.
Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:52:36 AM by hiccup

alec.tron

Heya,
maybe someone who's fluid in regex (and Musicbee's S&R or boroda74s Advance S&R functionalities ) doesn't mind lending a helping hand...?

Based on this suggestion:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20659.msg123990#msg123990
when I tested around it wasn't quite functional as described for me, but I got the replace multi value strings working somewhat... at least for the preview... but not so much for the actual Search&replace operation itself as the replace seems to then re-inject multi value separator ";" as literal string value into the same field and not as a aseparator, so as a practical example to explain the issue, which I am looking for a solution for:

On a file with a multi value genre values of:
Downtempo; Breaks

I want to inject 'Beats' as a second genre value, so, via MB standard Search & Replace tool:
S&R gui input:
"search for:"  
Code
(^.*)(Downbeat)(.*$)
"in field": Genre
"replace with":
Code
$1$2; Beats$3

Results in the seemingly correct preview of:
Downtempo; Beats; Breaks

But, IF I apply the change, I then end up with 2 genre values (and one is a literal string injected after the regex search value...), where there should be 3... so the resulting genre values are:
"Downtempo; Beats"
"Breaks"

So I'm looking to understand how one would need to I re-inject the semicolon separated values correctly via regex/S&R, so it does create its' own genre field correctly...?
So I end up with
"Downtempo"
"Beats"
"Breaks"
genre values on all files ?

Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:55:31 AM by alec.tron

boroda

alec.tron, have you tried the same regexes with ASR? my understanding it should work.

boroda

@Steven, is 'genres' (not 'genre') tag is read-only in api?

alec.tron

hah!
re:
alec.tron, have you tried the same regexes with ASR? my understanding it should work.
I did not, as I tried it earlier today on a laptop without your ASR installed.

I now just did at home where I have your tagging tools installed, and the same syntax does correctly inject the field delimiter in your Advanced Search & Tag Tools for mp3s as well as flac files!
Awesome!
Guess I'll start creating a fair few presets for ASR ;)
Thanks!
c.

boroda

keep in mind that you can easily modify your own asr presets. you cant modify only preinstalled presets.

minor_glitch

Hey everyone, sorry if this is a stupid question or I'm posting in the wrong place.
I'm trying to create a filter for Artist does not match Album Artist.
I was hoping it would be as simple as creating a filter and choosing 'Artist', 'is not', and typing in <Album Artist> but obviously no such luck. I assume this is something I'd have to do through 'match RegEx'.
Can anyone suggest something that might work?

Thanks!

theta_wave

Hey everyone, sorry if this is a stupid question or I'm posting in the wrong place.
I'm trying to create a filter for Artist does not match Album Artist.
I was hoping it would be as simple as creating a filter and choosing 'Artist', 'is not', and typing in <Album Artist> but obviously no such luck. I assume this is something I'd have to do through 'match RegEx'.
Can anyone suggest something that might work?

Thanks!
I don't think the solution requires regex.  A virtualtag should work though.

The virtualtag (say "Album artist tag check") formula should look something like this: $If("<Album Artist>"="<Artist>",,blahblah)

Basically, if <Album Artist> equals <Artist>, then the virtualtag will have no value.  Then create a filter or autoplaylist.  For the latter, select the virtualtag you just made and select "has a value".

minor_glitch

I don't think the solution requires regex.  A virtualtag should work though.

The virtualtag (say "Album artist tag check") formula should look something like this: $If("<Album Artist>"="<Artist>",,blahblah)

Basically, if <Album Artist> equals <Artist>, then the virtualtag will have no value.  Then create a filter or autoplaylist.  For the latter, select the virtualtag you just made and select "has a value".

Thanks! $If(<Album Artist>=<Artist>,Y,N) seems to have worked!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I might need this for future reference:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=39538.0

-------------

@hiccup, would you consider linking the topic below somewhere in your start-post?
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=38817.0

I've always found this thread of yours to be easily locatable compared to other regex topics.
So if there's a chance that most people are landing here than elsewhere, I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing about the existence of karbock's thread above.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

@hiccup, would you consider linking the topic below somewhere in your start-post?
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=38817.0
Good idea, it should have been there already ages ago. Done.

B.T.W.
A while back I played around with creating a custom Google search page that limits itself to searching the MusicBee forum.
I also added some 'keyword magic' that puts the most relevant page(s) at the top.

This is the link:
https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=426af386625354430
If you enter 'regex' as search query, both this topic and karbock's should be at the top.