Author Topic: All music files on external drive hidden (or something) without notice  (Read 1689 times)

dudeimtrying

Hello, today I installed and started up MusicBee for the first time. The first-use scan wizard launched and asked me where my music files are located. I pointed them towards a mapped drive where my music files are stored, approx 20,000 songs. MusicBee scanned all the music, and it showed up in the program, seemingly no problem. I played one random track and seemed to be working fine. It even was displaying song lyrics, all good right?

So I figure, how accurate are these lyrics? I should play a song I know off my head and see. So I scroll through the library and try to play a different song. Double-click, and error message pops up saying Source File for the Track cannot be found. Hm. I check to see if maybe I lost connection to the storage...nope, all good. So I go to the music folder on the drive to see if maybe somehow the tracks were corrupted or otherwise inaccessable....and to my horror found that EVERYTHING in that folder appears to be gone. So I go back to music bee and the file I had playing before...its still available to play, wtf? I right click and select Search>Locate in windows explorer. Shows the files are where they should be in the file structure, but if I go up a couple levels from album to artist to library, the library folder shows completely empty. So apparently the files aren't gone but they're somehow hidden? Or something? I have hidden files checked to always show, so I'm not sure in what way MusicBee is hiding all my artist folders.

Can someone help me un-hide all this stuff?