Author Topic: Specific music file broken after Volume Analysis  (Read 1208 times)

Ellis

Hey guys,

I had a music file which would become broken after a Volume Analysis, immediately.

The version I'm using is 3.0.6129, but this seems to happen from earlier version, with the same file. Before today, I just found that song would become muted after a period if I doesn't play it, then I replace it with a backup, this happened several times, then I start to do more research and finally find the cause.

After volume analysis, it will be like muted, when played by musicbee, and the progress bar is still rolling, when I rewind or forward it, musicbee will play some noise, all this happening with no error. I tried to play that file with iTunes, iTunes will stop playing the song instantly like it's finished, with no error either.

I'm not so sure if this is a bug, maybe the problem is with the file, but I can't see anything unusual from it.

I know it's better not to share the file publicly, so if there's anybody kind would like to help, please post a respond or message me to provide the file.

Many thanks!
Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:57:13 PM by Ellis

phred

• Global Moderator
The file is most likely corrupt. There are tools available to check for corruption in various format music files (you don't say if yours is mp3, flac, or other.) There has been mention of such tools in previous posts, so perhaps a search for "corrupt" might turn find them for you.  Otherwise let Google be your friend and find one.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Ellis

Thanks for the hint, I will try to find some tool to verify it.

Ellis

Before I found the right tool to verify the file, I have got more clues here, any tag edit to that file by musicbee will corrupt the file, but nothing went wrong saving the tag with Mp3tag.

Musicbee works fine with other files, except this one.