Author Topic: Source file cannot be found  (Read 3101 times)

alice.r

Hi, I just installed MusicBee on Windows 10 and then imported all my files from the iTunes folder (which I have copied from my old Mac to the Music folder). I am running into a couple of issues.

1) The music files are organized correctly, but every single one of my songs displays the blue exclamation mark and says the source file could not be found. I tried "rescan all files" and nothing happened at all. But when I click on a track and MB offers "source file not found, would you like to locate it?" I can select the file manually in the folder (same path as where MB claims it couldn't find it) and then it plays normally.

2) For some reason my podcast are not sorted. They are all under "unknown subscription" even though in the original folder they are divided into folders.

Can you help? Moving back to Windows is hard :-(

Thank you,
Alice

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure about #1 but for #2, you'll have to subscribe to the podcasts with MusicBee and then sort the episodes into the different subscriptions.  MusicBee doesn't recognize different subscriptions on its own.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alice.r

Update: this seems to be an issue with using "import from iTunes". If I just scan the folders, I can play the songs. This messes up the podcast situation even worse though, they are all added in "Music" and the tracks cannot be played. Some data about the songs is also lost for some reason. And of course the playlists are gone.

I wonder if the problem with the importing from iTunes is that I moved the folder to a new computer. So perhaps the songs that appear with the blue exclamation mark are from the .xml file but somehow MB can't find the actual files, even though the address appear correct.