Author Topic: Smart Playlists? Or Smart Groupings?  (Read 3940 times)

annomatik

Hi!

I have a lot of tracks, e.g. marked with genre Uplifting Trance, Progressive Trance, Hard Trance, Tech Trance, Psy Trance, etc., etc.

Is it possible, that I could create some sort of "Trance" smart-playlist, that includes a couple of genres I specify and will always be up to date, without me having to add stuff manually? Could I maybe even specify, that the BPM of that playlist has to be, I don't know, between 130 and 150 and the tracks should be from 1990 to 2000?

In a related note, is there a BPM-Analyzer hidden somewhere in Music Bee or what would be the most efficient way to add BPM tags to my collection ( ~ 25.000 tracks ).

Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
Hi!

I have a lot of tracks, e.g. marked with genre Uplifting Trance, Progressive Trance, Hard Trance, Tech Trance, Psy Trance, etc., etc.

Is it possible, that I could create some sort of "Trance" smart-playlist, that includes a couple of genres I specify and will always be up to date, without me having to add stuff manually? Could I maybe even specify, that the BPM of that playlist has to be, I don't know, between 130 and 150 and the tracks should be from 1990 to 2000?
Sounds like what you're looking for are Auto-Playlists. Scroll down towards the middle of this Wiki page to read about them:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists

In a related note, is there a BPM-Analyzer hidden somewhere in Music Bee or what would be the most efficient way to add BPM tags to my collection ( ~ 25.000 tracks ).
There's nothing built in the MB that can do this. There is a free program called MixMeister BPM Analyzer (google it) which when opened on your desktop, can receive files dragged directly from MB, calculate the BPM, and enter them in the BPM tag. I suggest testing with a few files before dumping your entire collection into it. Note that I'm not sure how accurate its calculated BPM rates are. I've sometimes seen songs which I consider uptempo having a lower BPM than a ballad. But I have nothing to compare it with, so I continue to use it.
Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:28:11 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here