Author Topic: 3.1.6220 Virtual Tags problem...  (Read 2828 times)

dingydingo

In the latest patch, I am noticing an issue with the Virtual Tags. I seem to be getting unexpected results if my Virtual Tag formula references any other Virtual Tag.

For example,

using track with album "Ninja Tuna" and year "2008" the tag

Virtual1:
Code
<Album> [<Year>]

returns Ninja Tuna [2008] as expected. But,

Virtual2:
Code
$IsNull(<Album>,"Album Tag Missing",<Virtual1>)

returns Ninja Tuna [2008]Ninja Tuna [2008]

In addition, new or edited Virtual Tags will not populate or refresh until MusicBee is restarted.

I don't know if this is related or not, but I also noticed that under Preferences -> Tags (1) ->  custom tags... the first two tags are no longer Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist like they previously were for me. They are just Custom1 and Custom2 with the drop-down box reading "Save to MusicBee database only".

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I don't know if this is related or not, but I also noticed that under Preferences -> Tags (1) ->  custom tags... the first two tags are no longer Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist like they previously were for me. They are just Custom1 and Custom2 with the drop-down box reading "Save to MusicBee database only".

See this topic: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12027.0

For the other issue, are your settings actually trying to display Album [Year] followed by <Virtual 2>? I'm also wondering why you need to set an existing option as a virtual tag (<Virtual 1>). It seems redundant to me.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

In addition, new or edited Virtual Tags will not populate or refresh until MusicBee is restarted.

I've noticed this, too.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dingydingo

I don't know if this is related or not, but I also noticed that under Preferences -> Tags (1) ->  custom tags... the first two tags are no longer Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist like they previously were for me. They are just Custom1 and Custom2 with the drop-down box reading "Save to MusicBee database only".

See this topic: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12027.0

Aha. Thank you for pointing that out!

For the other issue, are your settings actually trying to display Album [Year] followed by <Virtual 2>? I'm also wondering why you need to set an existing option as a virtual tag (<Virtual 1>). It seems redundant to me.

I realize what I did using the second virtual tag could easily be done without the need to point to another virtual tag, but I just made up those two simple virtual tags to illustrate my point. The first virtual tag just draws information from a couple basic tags and displays them as a single formatted tag (which works fine), and the second uses a formula that, as one of its results (which is currently not working), should display the contents of the first virtual tag. The results of that formula, when it is working correctly should be that if the album tag does not exist, to display the messsage "Album tag missing", but if the album tag does exist, it should display whatever the result of Virtual1 is - in this case "Ninja Tuna [2008]".

In my actual use, I have a number of virtual tags set up, some being quite involved, that have worked as expected for two years. While testing out the 6220 patch, I noticed that the tags I use which happen to include other virtual tags for whatever reason, started producing odd results.

While trying to determine why they were producing those results, I also noticed that no virtual tags would refresh as they should, either.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Please post one of the virtual tags that is actually giving you trouble.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dingydingo

Please post one of the virtual tags that is actually giving you trouble.

See Virtual2 in my first post. I can post some others later tonight when I get home, but that is one I created to test out the problem, and it doesn't work (it gives Ninja Tuna [2008]Ninja Tuna [2008]). However, when I tested it in a previous build (3.1.6196) it worked as expected (Ninja Tuna [2008]).

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I ran a check using the track information panel and his Virtual2 formula. Any virtual tag entered where <Virtual1> is in his formula is displayed twice, just as he describes. Any default value, such as <Album [Year]>, or custom tag displays normally. I'm running 3.1.6217.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6