Author Topic: Kandinsky Dark  (Read 15509 times)

Fluke

Kandinsky Dark
Version 1.0.3 | Download Link

A dark, minimal theme for Musicbee 3.0 inspired by the old Zune desktop player.
You can find a light version of the skin here. Let me know about any issues you
find or potential changes you'd like to see!

Install Instructions

Place file in your Musicbee/Skins folder and select it in Musicbee under View > Skins.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Update Log

Jan. 16, 2017 - Changed border images in file to fix issues relating to title bar. (v 1.0.1)

Jan. 22, 2017 - Changed color of star rating in the main panels to match color in player
controls bar. Changed color of check tick marks in Preferences window to match skin
highlight color. (v 1.0.2)

Jan. 3, 2018 - Adjusted star rating lowlight color so that it doesn't stick out against the
background. (v 1.0.3)

Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:42:37 PM by Fluke

wealstarr

Fluke

Thanks!

Also if anyone was having weird visual glitches with the title bar in the original skin, I think those should be resolved with the latest update.

JonhyDread

I installed it and it looks nothing like yours. What font settings are you using?
Also, anything else I should change to make it look more like yours?
Thank you

Fluke

I'm using the default typeface (Segoe UI), with a 10pt font size.

Musicbee's pretty customizable, and you can make major changes by selecting and moving around elements in the Panels Configuration window (click the panels icon next to the search bar, and choose "Arrange Panels"). Here's a screenshot of the setup that I'm using:

I'm also using the "Album Covers" view for my files, which you can select in the header bar under the "Albums" option. If you want the fancy-looking progress bar, right-click your current progress bar, and select Panel Layout > Wave Bar. I've got my album artist photos cropped to a circle, which you can do by going into Preferences (Ctrl+O) > Layout (1) > Artist pictures: crop to a circle.

That should cover most of it! Let me know if you have any other questions or if you find some weird looking unskinned element.
Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:02:55 PM by Fluke

nobuyback

Awesome skin! Can you make another one with all "18,8,16" colors to "15,15,15"?
I tried but failed to change the header color.

Fluke

Awesome skin! Can you make another one with all "18,8,16" colors to "15,15,15"?
I tried but failed to change the header color.

Yeah, changing the color of the header and other Border Elements is a bit trickier, since it involves encoding some images with Base64. The wiki explains how to do it here if you're interested in tackling it yourself.

nobuyback

Yeah, changing the color of the header and other Border Elements is a bit trickier, since it involves encoding some images with Base64. The wiki explains how to do it here if you're interested in tackling it yourself.

Thank you. I dit it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rlidtd61sdi5clk/Kandinsky_Green.xml

I think this is yours to release it.

Fluke

That looks great! And I think you've changed enough (basically all the colors) so that you can call it yours. That's pretty much what I did to make the skin in the first place by using DarkRED as a template.
Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:31:25 PM by Fluke

g2mXagent

i love it!! but i found a little problem: the lyrics panel is too narrow.

BlueVelvet

The green version shared above and the Kandinsky Dark, both are the best skins i have ever used for musicbee. Would love to see more color variations!

Fluke

Update: Changed the lowlight star rating color so that it doesn't stand out against the background. Keep letting me know if you guys have any issues!

Mr.N00BZ

My wavebar and the other thing doesn't change color help?http://prntscr.com/n62g4v

Edit:It changes color according to the album primary color how to disable that
Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 08:53:42 PM by Mr.N00BZ

Mreve

Thanks for the skin. I really love it !

I made some minor changes because the colored wavebar did weird things :

Before / After

Maybe it is intentional but... I don't like this ! :)

I also tuned a bit the color so that the wavebar use the beautiful Highlight color like the spectrum visualiser

Code
<element id="Player.Wavebar" fg="Highlight" fg2="50,50,50" bg="Background" />
<element id="Player.Wavebar.Inner" fg="Highlight" fg2="50,50,50" bg="Background" />

My layout for the curious : https://magaimg.net/img/9sjk.png