Author Topic: Filter by tracks with multiple artists  (Read 4159 times)

infogulch

You know how you can add multiple artists?

It would be nice if I could filter songs that have multiple entries for artist.

Steven

• Administrator
not 100% sure what you meant.
MB already supports multiple artists and in the track browser the artist is split eg. a track assigned to 3 artists will show the 3 artists separately in the Artist panel and each artist will show the track if clicked

ferongr

not 100% sure what you meant.
MB already supports multiple artists and in the track browser the artist is split eg. a track assigned to 3 artists will show the 3 artists separately in the Artist panel and each artist will show the track if clicked

How is that done? Is an APEv2 comment with "ARTIST_2" "ARTIST_3" etc ID inserted? Or there's logic to separate artists in the same comment where commas exist? What infogulch wants, if I understand, is to create a library filter to only display files that have multiple artists in their tags.

By the way, infogultch, how are the multiple artists tagged? Are they lumped together in the artist tag (e.g. "Wagner, Liszt, Metallica") or using different artist tags?

infogulch

What infogulch wants, if I understand, is to create a library filter to only display files that have multiple artists in their tags.
Yes, exactly.

By the way, infogulch, how are the multiple artists tagged?
Edit a song and hit the "..." in the right side of the Artist field. Then hit the + to add multiple artists.

I'm curious how multiple artists are handled as well.

Steven

• Administrator
its tagged the same way as other players that handle multiple artists and depends on the tag format
ape, vorbis comments just repeat the same tag name
mp3 has a null character to separate each value in the one tag

infogulch

ferongr

There's no "Contains Multiple" modifier for the Artist filter, so I don't think it can be done.

A "hacky" way would be to add "Multiple Artists" in the comment field of the relevant files, and create a filter to show only files that match "Multiple Artists" in the comment field.

infogulch

Obviously there's no "field contains multiple" filter otherwise I would'nt be posting in the wishlist section.
And I want to use this filter to *find* the relevant songs out of my 6000 tracks.

ma_t14

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I find that I really need the "Contains Multiple" modifier but not for artists but genres which is similar.

I have many tracks in my library with multiple genres that are plain wrong and would like a way to filter them out so I can start correcting. Any chance this would be implemented?
Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:08:43 PM by ma_t14