Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 225952 times)

tomboudiboudi

Hi  :)

I tried to sync my Android 11with Musicbee Wifi Sync, but I get sync failure from the App and Musicbee itself every time...
Here is the message from the app : "A non-recoverable error occured during synchronization process. Restart the app and try again."

Here is my Musicbee Wifi Sync app's error log, if someone could take a look:
MB version : 3.4.8033
MB Wifi Sync version : 2.0.0 (69)
GMMP version : 3.2.9

It says something about the connection getting reset. I would make sure your firewall is setup correctly and antivirus is excluding MusicBee.

After checking firewall's rules, Musicbee seems authorized for either public and private network. I just added an exclusion rule for Musicbee in Windows Defender, but the issue is still, I can't wifi-sync my phone. Any ideas ? or other rules to creat in windows fire-wall ?

laureltrees

I ran into some issues trying to sync yesterday to my phone, as there were lots of "access denied" errors when trying to copy certain albums. As it turns out, the SD card was full (and hence Android wouldn't let the app add new files, as there was no space), but this wasn't at all obvious because of the weird access denied messages, and I wasted quite a while trying to fix until I realised what was wrong.

When syncs fail / errors happen, could a check happen to make sure it isn't the storage device being full causing the fail? Alternatively, maybe always show how full the storage device has become at the start/end of every sync, with an additional warning if it's full. Would help to diagnose silly (but not obvious) issues like this one. Thanks!

AlvinaBowden

After checking firewall's rules, Musicbee seems authorized for either public and private network. I just added an exclusion rule for Musicbee in Windows Defender, but the issue is still, I can't wifi-sync my phone. Any ideas ? or other rules to creat in windows fire-wall ?
[/quote]

Same here. Have you found the answer?

Boblemagicien

HI guys,

I have a problem with the wifi sync. I used it from 2 years ago without any problem. Last month I bought a android 12 phone so I have to do the "boringname" trick (thanks a lot) and it worked very well. But since 2 days, I can't sync anymore, I got the "jave malformed input" problem with 2 phones, one on android 9 and the new one on android 12. I tried uninstall, delete cache, the "boringname" trick, the original app. I also reinstall java on my computer but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Yesterday I have deleted ezverything on my phone, the sync worked but at 98% it did the same error and I can't sync anymore. I tried with both gonemad player and poweramp. I realy need the 2 way sync so is there any way to solve this problem ? Or is there a way to manually sync the playcount from android to windows ?

Thanks

(Sorry for my english, french guy here  ;D )

Boblemagicien

I just found what it was. I spotted the "javaudtformatexception" so I searched and it was just because of one my last music uses uncommon letter. I replaced it and it works !