Author Topic: Managing Telephone Expenses  (Read 3969 times)

Terry Walker

Hi.  Sorry for the off topic question.  I just want to know how you manage telephone expenses in your office.  My aunt is asking for my help on how they could lower their telephone bills.  I really have no idea about it.  Anyone who could suggest how they manage it?  Thanks!

AvikB

i don't manage telephone expense but i use this app to manage all of my general expanse:

http://portableapps.com/apps/office/finance_explorer_portable

Also there is excel which i have used for much more complicated expense calculation.

Terry Walker

i don't manage telephone expense but i use this app to manage all of my general expanse:

http://portableapps.com/apps/office/finance_explorer_portable

Also there is excel which i have used for much more complicated expense calculation.

I hope that is not your actual student loan balance - 11k?!? Mine is down to 5k. I guess Sally Mae did a good job with me :)

Anyway, i found one after weeks of searching. It is with cassinfo for telecom expense management. I just don't see the concept behind paying for something to help you cut cost? Did you pay for the app that you are using to help you monitor your expenses? I guess if you are willing to pay for an app - it must be helping you with your budget and you are able to save, right? Is that the same concept with a telecom expense management software / app?

Zabir

I personally use Money Manager: http://www.moneymanagerex.org/ Free and open source, cross platform: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android. Very useful and decent. I'm using it for last 2-3 years.

Look at the features, give it a try :)

snwflake

I'm totally happy with excel. Once you have all your formula together, it's as best and customised as it can get.
It probably takes you up to 2 Months to get all the calculations going, but after that you have almost no work todo with that.

I automated the system almost completly. Fetching my Bills monthly, cross-referencing it with amazon, gmail, steam and several other services. Automatically assigning categories. Several income calculations and all the good stuff.

I highly recommend it.

cheers

AvikB

I hope that is not your actual student loan balance - 11k?!? Mine is down to 5k. I guess Sally Mae did a good job with me :) Anyway, i found one after weeks of searching.
Oops late reply, but no that is not my student loan :S, 11k is a lot(A LOTTTT) of money in my currency.

Terry Walker

I'm totally happy with excel. Once you have all your formula together, it's as best and customised as it can get.
It probably takes you up to 2 Months to get all the calculations going, but after that you have almost no work todo with that.

I automated the system almost completly. Fetching my Bills monthly, cross-referencing it with amazon, gmail, steam and several other services. Automatically assigning categories. Several income calculations and all the good stuff.

I highly recommend it.

cheers

I envy you for being good in Excel. I am totally bad with formulas.